Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A little help, please? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everyone on the UK-Learning Student Forums. This is my first post here and I would like to find out whether there are any useful websites that can help me to decide on which course to take in university after I graduate from A Level. HeHe! To be honest, I just finished doing my GCSE exam but my parents insist that it's not too early to start justifying my option. So I have got no choice but to start and do some research. A little help, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wern)
    Hello to everyone on the UK-Learning Student Forums. This is my first post here and I would like to find out whether there are any useful websites that can help me to decide on which course to take in university after I graduate from A Level. HeHe! To be honest, I just finished doing my GCSE exam but my parents insist that it's not too early to start justifying my option. So I have got no choice but to start and do some research. A little help, please?
    UCAS is the first stop for uni applications, it has a great A-Z of courses on offer from every uni in the uk (at least it did have last year!) as well as what grades youll probably need and what subjects to take, try and limit down your options then get on the uni sites and get some prospectuses, theyll be a year before the editions youll need, but they should be helpful none the less. I also found the links to the societies pages from the Uni's link pages helpful, most are done by students currently there so you get a good idea of the good and bad points of uni.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wern)
    Hi! Welcome to the forum!

This link may help:
    http://www.ukcoursefinder.com/you.asp

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look at those websites. Thanks a lot, George-W-Duck and EmJ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wern)
    I'll have a look at those websites. Thanks a lot, George-W-Duck and EmJ.
    Anytime!

ReputationRep:
    It might also be useful to look at the websites of any of the universities where u think are in nice places!! I sent for lots of prospectuses via the websites and addresses *** up pretty quickly if u just type the uni in a search engine!! Beware tho they never show the real state of the accomodation!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.