The Student Room Group

Hazard Perception Test

Do the stuff in practice videos ever come up in the real thing? Or are they all always new?
Reply 1
Hello,

I took (and passed -woohoo!!) my theory test fairly recently.

The people who make the test up don't release the actual clips they use on the test.
That being said, some of them are VERY similar.
Just keep practicing all of the ones you can find (most are free) online as they do help you to know what to expect/look out for.

Best of luck.

Demi :smile:
No the videos on the test are diffrerent.
Theyre not allowed to release those videos as it would effectively be cheating if you saw one of those videos before.
The videos in the test are CGI now which i found made it easier. I passed it first time and that was the only one i ever passed.
Just remeber to click when you see a hazard developing and make sure to click when the serious hazard come up. Stay focused and dont lost concentration like i did.
Good luck!!
Reply 3
I done my theory test a fortnight ago and passed first time. I was mainly worried about the HP part of the test and I actually done a lot better in that than in the question part of the test. As the above poster said, the test clips in the actual tests now are CGI. It actually took me a while to click that they weren't real! It wasn't until I saw a close up of someone's face that I knew for sure they weren't real and that wasn't until about the 7th clip in :colondollar: the videos are good quality and I found them easier to look at and detect hazards on than the ones from revision discs and apps as I found those videos to be quite a grainy quality most of the time. The situations in the real test videos and the practice ones are very similar though. You'll be given a mix of videos on country roads, towns, children on the roads etc but that will be nothing new to you if you do the revision clips.

Good luck with your theory!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Original post by FireFreezer77

Good luck!!

Original post by demirae

Thanks to all :smile:
Original post by Arcane1729
Do the stuff in practice videos ever come up in the real thing? Or are they all always new?

Actually in the actual test, they're (very good) CGI, much clearer and more modern than the practice videos. The scenarios may be similar, but you'll probably find it a lot easier.

99% of hazard perception tests are just common sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending