Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for entering this thread,

I am looking for an exam centre to sit STEP II & III, these are must exams as I have to sit them for my firm uni . My school isn't registered so I'm stuck searching on my own. So far the cheapest I've found is £200, and I have no where near this amount of money to spare. According to: http://www.admissionstestingservice....tes-and-costs/
    it should cost £48 per exam. Which is still really expensive to pay.
    Does anyone know any relatively cheap exam centres near/in central London to sit the exam? And could someone explain what it could mean by "results enquiry" in the link I have posted.

Many thanks, all responses are appreciated

(Original post by mubmoh)
    Thanks for entering this thread,

I am looking for an exam centre to sit STEP II & III, these are must exams as I have to sit them for my firm uni . My school isn't registered so I'm stuck searching on my own. So far the cheapest I've found is £200, and I have no where near this amount of money to spare. According to: http://www.admissionstestingservice....tes-and-costs/
    it should cost £48 per exam. Which is still really expensive to pay.
    Does anyone know any relatively cheap exam centres near central London to sit the exam? And could someone explain what it could mean by "results enquiry" in the link I have posted.

Many thanks, all responses are appreciated
    All I can say is that I was forced to pay at least that amount too, due to my college being too lazy to sign up as a STEP center.
    In fact more than three hundred, because I wanted to sit STEP I too.
    They have to pay an invigilator though, for three hours of 'work' for each exam, and there aren't that many student taking STEP in such centers I would think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    All I can say is that I was forced to pay at least that amount too, due to my college being too lazy to sign up as a STEP center.
    In fact more than three hundred, because I wanted to sit STEP I too.
    They have to pay an invigilator though, for three hours of 'work' for each exam, and there aren't that many student taking STEP in such centers I would think.
    Nooo £300 is too much.

I was advised by a Cambridge rep that if you email the college you applied for they will deal with the cost themselves. I am contemplating sending an email but I don't want to sound needy But then again I have nothing to lose. If I pay £200 and don't get the grade it will be such a waste of money.

(Original post by mubmoh)
    Nooo £300 is too much.

I was advised by a Cambridge rep that if you email the college you applied for they will deal with the cost themselves. I am contemplating sending an email but I don't want to sound needy But then again I have nothing to lose. If I pay £200 and don't get the grade it will be such a waste of money.
    You should do that, it can't hurt to try.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.