Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Progress? 18 y/o, 6'2, 190lbs, ~12%BF, 3 weeks into cut. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just got back from the gym after hitting back and triceps as a part of a new split I'm working on.

Gym was quite quiet being a Sunday and around noon, so I took the time to snap a few progress photos. The lighting wasn't brilliant, so I had to get up close to the mirror in order to get a decent shot.

Anyway, I thought I'd share these photos to get your opinions. Does it look like I've made progress in the last year?

These photos were taken today, 3 weeks into a cut which I've been slacking on for the last week or so.

As a matter of fact, since I've been ill recently, I've taken a week off the gym reload and give my body a break. Before today, the last time I trained was April 1st. Since I've started the 'cut', I've been I'll 4-5 times with minor colds and sore throats. I seem to be fine now so hopefully it won't come on again.

I should also note that I trained fasted today, so I'd imagine with some carbs in me I'd have gotten a better pump. I actually think my chest looks pretty damn pumped up considering I hit back and tris; must have been because I did close grip bench to the end of the workout.

As a comparison you can see my display pic, which was taken this time last year a couple of weeks into a cut, funnily enough after a back session.

I'd estimate I'm around 12% BF right now, with my aim being to get to 8% by the time we break up for summer.

Also, I promise I do have visible abs :lol:, it's just my hands are in the way and the angle/lighting doesn't do them justice. They're about as visible as they are in my DP.

I'd love to hear any comments/questions you have. Since I see myself in the mirror multiple times per day, it's hard to quantify progress, especially since I rarely take progress photos.

Edit: for some reason I used snapchat to take the photos, so they're a bit blurry. The snapchat app doesn't seem to have as much image stabilisation as the regular camera app.
    Attached Images

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The second picture sort of makes your torso look like Abe's face :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    The second picture sort of makes your torso look like Abe's face :awesome:

Hahahaha yeah its the nipples :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.