The Student Room Group

Im a pharmacist, Ask me (almost) anything?

Scroll to see replies

Does every single tablet you take have a side effect no matter what it is.
Original post by quasa
ah, my bad then. in which case, as chikane asked (by the way nice name, you a motorsport fan?) have you seen a doctor about it? although I will point out that none of the symptoms you mentioned do warrant endoscopic analysis (unless the doctor enjoys s&m)

nope not a motorsport fan

nope haven't seeked professional help

ok sounds good no butt stuff
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HuzaifahN
Does every single tablet you take have a side effect no matter what it is.

all drugs are poisons so yes they do :smile:.

although on a more serious note, drugs undergoing trials usually have their NNH's assessed (NNH is short for Number Needed to Harm e.g. for X amount of patients taking drug Y, 1 will experience adverse effects).

even commonly used drugs like pain killers and antibiotics hold a sinister side.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thefatone
nope not a motorsport fan

nope haven't seeked professional help

ok sounds good not butt stuff

not you the motorsport fan, chikane (how do I tag them?)

ok regarding other 2 points.

although whilst im on the topic of your hobbies, which anime you into?
Original post by quasa

so apparently my avatar tells ppl i like anime? ._. well your correct, some anime
i watch one piece fairy tail, ecchi stuff too
watched attack on titan too :smile:
Original post by quasa

Haha no I'm not a fan the name is a character from an anime that I liked 6 years ago that's when I joined this site but thanks :h:

My friend has problems with constipation she was told to have an endoscopy where they stick a camera up her bum bum she did not go as she doesn't want anything up there.
She does a poo atleast every week.
Original post by thefatone
so apparently my avatar tells ppl i like anime? ._. well your correct, some anime
i watch one piece fairy tail, ecchi stuff too
watched attack on titan too :smile:

not only our avatar ,also because you have posted in some anime threads I have posted / the jap/anime music thread I started lol.

I have to ask regarding ecchi: is fate stay night anime ecchi? i avoided reading the visual novel and manga because I read on wiki thatthey are hentai and was apprehensive about watching fate/zero because of what I read about fate/stay/night. however after watching fate zero (enjoyed the second half) and watching both fsn animes -1 of which is on netflix (I am still avoiding the novels and manga even though the main characters are over 18), the anime definately isnt hentai and isnt anywhere near as pervy as most mainstream anime.

apart from fsn and titan, our anime viewing patterns are different
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chikane
Haha no I'm not a fan the name is a character from an anime that I liked 6 years ago that's when I joined this site but thanks :h:

My friend has problems with constipation she was told to have an endoscopy where they stick a camera up her bum bum she did not go as she doesn't want anything up there.
She does a poo atleast every week.

anime :| i am trying to quit it but you fine people at tsr keep dragging me back in lol

regarding the endoscopy , did they suspect a tumour by any chance or something affecting the lining of her intestines by any chance? well at least she is pooing but once a week is still not enough. has she tried anything regarding dietary changes, drinking more water, does she take the pill or has she tried laxatives?
Original post by quasa
anime :| i am trying to quit it but you fine people at tsr keep dragging me back in lol

regarding the endoscopy , did they suspect a tumour by any chance or something affecting the lining of her intestines by any chance? well at least she is pooing but once a week is still not enough. has she tried anything regarding dietary changes, drinking more water, does she take the pill or has she tried laxatives?

I haven't watched anime in years lol.
Not sure haven't asked her last year she had a cyst removed. She tried Senna tablet which she says don't work and she takes the Yasmin pill.
Don't know much about what she eats, she is a smoker too.
Original post by quasa
x

Hey, I've got a few questions for you :smile:

Have you ever worked in hospital (or anywhere else that's not community)?

What do you think of the £170m funding cut to community pharmacy and those that are due to come in over the next few years?

Are you an independent prescriber / would you like to become one?

Any tips for a 3rd year pharmacy student wanting to go into hospital?

Cheers!
Original post by chikane
I haven't watched anime in years lol.
Not sure haven't asked her last year she had a cyst removed. She tried Senna tablet which she says don't work and she takes the Yasmin pill.
Don't know much about what she eats, she is a smoker too.

smoking and contraceptive can increase constipation. hydration is vital (as is fibre intake). surpised senna hasnt worked (2 tablets at night right?). hopefully she is recovering from her cyst and there is a method for helping her bowels (if she wants it altered, otherwise if shes happy thats ok)
Original post by quasa
this is a normal AMA (ie random questions / random talk etc) but am aware that people have a few health issues they may want to enquire about privately. feel free to ask away.

the following things however will be reported: racism, insulting peoples beliefs / private life (relationships, appearance etc) and insults in general (unless it is insulting trolls, then by all means troll the trolls).

also I will not mention what school of pharmacy I went to as it may inadvertantly reveal my secret ID but am willing to talk about other stuff.

Rain or sun ? And why
I'm assuming you've watched F/SN-UBW. Are you excited for the Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel movies? I think first one is coming out in 2017 (but it'll take time for it to be released and subbed)

Do you think there should be a push to get pharmacists more involved in treating patients at GP practices?
Original post by thegodofgod
Hey, I've got a few questions for you :smile:

Have you ever worked in hospital (or anywhere else that's not community)?

What do you think of the £170m funding cut to community pharmacy and those that are due to come in over the next few years?

Are you an independent prescriber / would you like to become one?

Any tips for a 3rd year pharmacy student wanting to go into hospital?

Cheers!

Hi there (the god of god is a bit weird username btw, would love to know where you got it from)

I spent a month as a pre-reg in hospital (predom community) and interned at the npa as well.

the funding cut is due to come into effect from october at earliest and is bad news for most pharmacists who are locum / work for indies.

Im too inexperienced to be a PIP lol (only passed pre-reg in november (failed calcs by 1 mark in june so resat it - moral of story, spend more than 1 hour the day before exam revising calcs! )) but is something I wouldnt mind doing tbh.

weirdly enough I have had more success getting interviews for hospitals than community lol. tips wise, extracurricular stuff is vital (you dont need to be part of any pharm socs but you need to show you do extra stuff). depending on the hospital, 2:1 is sufficient for top teaching trusts (royal free, guys and sts, cambridge, leeds, birmingham) and smaller trusts will go as low as a 2:2. getting the interview is the easy bit. the hard is passing (I failed 6 pre-reg interviews in hospital due to unfortunate circumstances (and in the case of guys and st's, jetlag and the fact they called me for interview in may :|) . depending on the hospital, some will ask clinical, other competency based questions. for all kings affiliated hospitals, they will ask competency based, whereas cambridge hospitals tend to be more clinical.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Rain or sun ? And why

sunshine is the only sunshine, it makes me happy when I am feeling grey :smile:
Original post by quasa
sunshine is the only sunshine, it makes me happy when I am feeling grey :smile:

Rain is cool tho ^.^ but good answer :yep:

When was the last time you did something for the 1st time ?
Original post by quasa
smoking and contraceptive can increase constipation. hydration is vital (as is fibre intake). surpised senna hasnt worked (2 tablets at night right?). hopefully she is recovering from her cyst and there is a method for helping her bowels (if she wants it altered, otherwise if shes happy thats ok)

She won't give either up she has reduced her smoking though.
I'm not sure how many she takes it does bother her but think she is worried getting it checked out as she doesn't want them poking things there.

Btw where do you watch anime YouTube won't show all of these and not sure about netflix think the other sites may be blocked now.
Original post by melanin101
I'm assuming you've watched F/SN-UBW. Are you excited for the Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel movies? I think first one is coming out in 2017 (but it'll take time for it to be released and subbed)

Do you think there should be a push to get pharmacists more involved in treating patients at GP practices?

based on what I read onthe typemoon wiki, wikipedia and animesuki forums about the visual novel, there are some aspects I hope it omits. to me, it seems like a good plot twist but at the same time, its a massive kick in the nuts. say what you will about the first animes quality, you have to admit it made you love the characters more than zero or UBW (personally, the fate ending was probably my fav). apparently in the sequel (fate/hollow) it turns out the ending for the fate pathway is the "true" (preferred) pathway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is it usual for one type of antihistamine to become ineffective for somebody but another to continue working (i find lortadine useless:P)
Original post by chikane
She won't give either up she has reduced her smoking though.
I'm not sure how many she takes it does bother her but think she is worried getting it checked out as she doesn't want them poking things there.

Btw where do you watch anime YouTube won't show all of these and not sure about netflix think the other sites may be blocked now.

im not telling her to stop the pill :| smoking would need to be reduced generally speaking. but yeah, she does need to find solutions to it (if it requires prodding then she might need some convincing)

netflix, crunchyroll and anime HD stream windows 10 / windows phone apps

Quick Reply