Check out other Related discussions

Can a woman be a father figure?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Blue_Mason
Are you a boy or a girl?
Because a guy wouldn't ask me such questions

Aww diddums, is Mr Man not able to substantiate his illogical arguments? :h:

You wouldn't have that problem with a woman.
Original post by newttella
No, but children do not always need a father figure. It helps if they have some sort of male figure to look up to- male teacher, etc. And of course a father would be beneficial in general, but it's not 100% necessary to have in order for a child to live a happy, fulfilling life.

Lol if you have a son and he doesnt have a father figure good luck on trying not to raise a beta loser

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Writer_Refresh
Of course they can! I know someone who doesn't have a Father, and their Mother works and shizz and does everything! She's like Mum and Dad at the same time!

Just because they have to fill both roles doesn't mean a woman is a suitable father figure.

Women are generally bad at being role models and disciplining young men/boys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
a woman can be a father figure.
Original post by mariam687
a woman can be a father figure.

Actually I just remember why on a deeper level no sex can really be suitable fill-in for the other sex

I remember reading something about Freudian psycho-sexual development in young children about how kids in part develop their sexuality and sexual values through their interaction with the parent of the opposite sex (naturally because say as a girl your father is the first and foremost male in your life).

When that parent is absent you often end up with the person deviating sexually, e g. the archetype of the woman who sleeps with lots of men to try and fill the craving for male attention and acceptance she didn't get from her absent father when she was younger

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Espada Zero
Actually I just remember why on a deeper level no sex can really be suitable fill-in for the other sex

I remember reading something about Freudian psycho-sexual development in young children about how kids in part develop their sexuality and sexual values through their interaction with the parent of the opposite sex (naturally because say as a girl your father is the first and foremost male in your life).

When that parent is absent you often end up with the person deviating sexually, e g. the archetype of the woman who sleeps with lots of me. Up try and fill the craving for male attention and acceptance she didn't get from a father who was absent when she was younger

Posted from TSR Mobile

im.. so confused
Reply 27
Says the person that needs a textbook source, when I am spouting facts that could be understood by the most simpleminded of people.
No, it is your (unsubstantiated) opinion, were it to be a fact you would have no trouble in providing a source for it.

I have come to a conclusion that you're not a male
Not like you to come to the wrong conclusions!

so therefore you're struggling to take in the information that has been presented in this thread.

Reported for being sexist.
Original post by AJ KO
No, it is your (unsubstantiated) opinion, were it to be a fact you would have no trouble in providing a source for it.

Not like you to come to the wrong conclusions!

Reported for being sexist.

How is that sexist?
You took a stab at me first, for asking a simple question.
Therefore I am not sexist, you lack the ability to counter and take in my points, so you ignore and point fingers.
I mean if you cannot handle the heat, stay out the kitchen my dear.
Reply 29
How is that sexist?

You implied that an inability to comprehend arguments was linked to my sex. Ergo sexist.
Original post by AJ KO
You implied that an inability to comprehend arguments was linked to my sex. Ergo sexist.

Again incorrect and irrational of you to come up with utter nonsense.
Let me correct you in with simple statement.
Fact is most men and woman would agree with me, as a mother and a father do both instinctively know in which role to play with the child.
Technically no but a woman can do bloody well at it.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Technically no but a woman can do bloody well at it.

That makes no sense
That makes no sense

I mean the whole Idea of father figure is male, but all the values gained can be shown by a woman
Original post by Espada Zero
Lol if you have a son and he doesnt have a father figure good luck on trying not to raise a beta loser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lemme guess you didn't have a father figure?
Personally I think the idea of a "father figure" and the "role of a man" is inherently sexist. Some people get taught self defense by mothers and cooking by fathers. bad parents are bad parents, whether they are same sex, single or a heterosexual couple.
It may be possible in exceptional cases, but I think the vast majority of women couldn't do it. Men and women by nature tend to have very different perspectives in life, and I think a child would benefit most from having access to advice and guidance from both.
When people talk about gender equality, they also forget that male minds and female minds work differently from each other. Of course some women may be able to fulfill some aspects of being a "father figure", but the average woman won't be able to provide what the average man can in this respect
Most of the time no. I think this of the opposite as well - men trying to fill the mothers role.
Well I suppose women can fill and do traditional man roles quite well and vice versa. Though regardless if a woman is doing traditional man roles, I would still consider her a mother figure rather than a father figure.

Latest