Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
    In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.
    The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?

French:
    I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
    Bulletzone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?French:I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?ThanksBulletzone

Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?

ReputationRep:
    As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
    In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.

French:
    I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
    Bulletzone
    With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
    I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!

You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.

ReputationRep:
    How many controlled assessments did u do

French:

Thanks
    Bulletzone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba_09)
    How many controlled assessments did u do
    I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

(Original post by 10tojones)
    With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
    I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!
    You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.
    Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard

(Original post by luciie)
    Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?
    AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.

ReputationRep:
    AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.
    Give me a few minutes I might be able to work it out

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i meant for french i should have been more specific
    I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard

ReputationRep:
    I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fldem)
    I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.
    I may not get 2 A* though IDK I will work hard!

ReputationRep:
    I may not get 2 A* though IDK I will work hard!
    GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.

ReputationRep:
    How many controlled assessments do u have to do in french
    (Original post by fldem)
    GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.