What Grades can i get in french and English?

Watch
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.
The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?

French:
I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
Bulletzone
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bulletzone)
As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?French:I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?ThanksBulletzone

Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?
10tojones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.

French:
I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
Bulletzone
With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!

You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.
saba_09
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many controlled assessments did u do

French:

Thanks
Bulletzone
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
(Original post by saba_09)
How many controlled assessments did u do
I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

(Original post by 10tojones)
With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!
You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.
Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard

(Original post by luciie)
Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?
AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.
Give me a few minutes I might be able to work it out
saba_09
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry i meant for french i should have been more specific
I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard

fldem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
(Original post by fldem)
I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.
I may not get 2 A* though IDK I will work hard!
fldem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I may not get 2 A* though IDK I will work hard!
GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.
saba_09
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many controlled assessments do u have to do in french
(Original post by fldem)
GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (385)
56.78%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.22%

Watched Threads