Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So in person we talk a lot and laugh a lot, however when it comes to talkinggggggg online she ignores me. When I message her I don't have the intention of having a long deep conversation, I just want a couple messages thrown back a forth. I know she's ignoring me because she appears online several times since I've sent the message, every time she logs on she will have a notification saying I messaged her so I know she has seen the message. I don't message her about random stuff I message about things we have talked about i.e film.

So what's her game, no interest even though in person we have good conversations, playing hard to get...., can't be asked????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So in person we talk a lot and laugh a lot, however when it comes to talkinggggggg online she ignores me. When I message her I don't have the intention of having a long deep conversation, I just want a couple messages thrown back a forth. I know she's ignoring me because she appears online several times since I've sent the message, every time she logs on she will have a notification saying I messaged her so I know she has seen the message. I don't message her about random stuff I message about things we have talked about i.e film.

So what's her game, no interest even though in person we have good conversations, playing hard to get...., can't be asked????
    She is probably being polite in person and talking to you. Your definition of having a great conversation, may not necessarily be hers. There's conversations I have had where the other party have loved speaking to me, because I'm easy to get along with, but I didn't want to speak to them, I was just polite.

She may not see you as a friend, rather than acquaintance.

Or, your online conversation is boring. You could try calling her ?

ReputationRep:
    If you've spoken to her inrl about a movie, why would she want to then spend the rest of her day chatting about that film? :lolwut:

Just leave her alone, clinginess is not nice and eventually if you carry on being clingy she'll stop talking to you inrl. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    She can avoid you online. In real life it's a bit harder.

She replied with a lengthy paragraph and then I replied to that as I kinda had to by what she said, my message to her could have been replied to but she didn't. I don't mind if she doesn't like me but its just the feeling of being ignored that annoys me. Am I really that bad that you have to ignore? I saw a picture saying that 'if a girl sends you a message that you can't reply to you best think of something or start a new conversation'.... Should I just leave it and ignore her in real life and see how she likes it (I think that would be more fun) or say something to her? If I said something what should I say because I could just be like 'Why you ignoring me' and then she could say something like 'I was busy' which makes me look stupid?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She replied with a lengthy paragraph and then I replied to that as I kinda had to by what she said, my message to her could have been replied to but she didn't. I don't mind if she doesn't like me but its just the feeling of being ignored that annoys me. Am I really that bad that you have to ignore? I saw a picture saying that 'if a girl sends you a message that you can't reply to you best think of something or start a new conversation'.... Should I just leave it and ignore her in real life and see how she likes it (I think that would be more fun) or say something to her? If I said something what should I say because I could just be like 'Why you ignoring me' and then she could say something like 'I was busy' which makes me look stupid?!?!?!?!
    Sounds very very childish and immature if you ignore her in rl just cause you feel ignored online, maybe she has no time to reply to you or maybe she dosen't want to?

I had this done to me where i would ask a question and get no answer back and they were online all the time which annoyed me so i moved on i do think maybe they were being polite and couldn't be bothered chatting to me.

Also you see each other in person so continue chatting to her then but also like others have said maybe she is just being polite and not really interested. If you ignore her she will see you being childish and sulky if you act normal and cool would look better to show her you don't care about getting a reply.

ReputationRep:
    she wants someone more attractive and has talked just for being polite

ReputationRep:
    Maybe cuz you sound very angry.

ReputationRep:
    Because she doesn't want to talk to you

Easier to avoid online

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you want to be more than friends, which she's of course aware of, and droning on about films shows that you don't know what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    I can sort of link to this, however I am the one who ignores.Me and this guy talk online, sometimes i cba being online (I will reply wen I feel like it), he keeps sending me messeges every 10min and its soooo dam annoying. Him doing this makes me not want to bother with him. (and yes i also do receive notifications)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abolisher)
    She can avoid you online. In real life it's a bit harder.
    Spoken like a true stalker

ReputationRep:
    It's sad when a person loves someone more than they are loved back. If only love was always mutual.

I've accepted the fact that nothing is going to happen between us, I think its more the fact that I have never had a 'girl' friend to talk to, so it's new to me. Like at college I see guys hanging out with girls and I've never had that so i'm just jealous really. Talking to her is the closest thing I've had/have to it. I don't spam her with message as I don't want to be needy, she has messaged me first about movies that we have talked about before so I don't think the conversation is boring if she does it to...

I feel like when I next see her that I should not start a conversation but let her start one for once just to see if she has no interest at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.