Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A-Level students- are you enjoying studying this year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since we've started a year where we only have to study the three/four subjects that we like the most, are you guys enjoying this year more? Are you enjoying all your subjects?

Personally, I'm not really enjoying studying this year- the workload is really high and I'm not doing as well as I used to last year when doing my GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy my subjects although exam season stress is nasty.

ReputationRep:
    No I am not
    a High workload
    B way harder at A2 than AS
    C unrealistic expectations of what we should be doing
    BUT
    Friendships have really blossomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    I enjoy my subjects although exam season stress is nasty.
    Yeah, that's true. I have seven maths/further maths exams this year and mock exams for my other subjects. But are you enjoying it more now than in GCSE years that you only need to study subjects you enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    I made the wrong subject choices. Dying right now. A month left till exams. Haven't revised or made any notes. Failure.

ReputationRep:
    No because biology is really boring at A2
    Maths and chem are alright tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happylittlepill)
    I made the wrong subject choices. Dying right now. A month left till exams. Haven't revised or made any notes. Failure.
    What do you wish you choose? And, also, start revising now!! Is it a lack of motivation/lack of interest that is stopping you from revising or are you just procrastinating too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    What do you wish you choose? And, also, start revising now!! Is it a lack of motivation/lack of interest that is stopping you from revising or are you just procrastinating too much?
    I guess its both

ReputationRep:
    Sociology a2 is quite boring but manageable
    some of philosophy AS is good but philosophy of religion is dull af .,..roll on a2 with better topics
    german AS is great

im really enjoying this year, hence why the time has flown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happylittlepill)
    I guess its both
    ok. Is it just one subject that you don't like or is it all of them? Becuase you can usually drop a subject next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    ok. Is it just one subject that you don't like or is it all of them? Becuase you can usually drop a subject next year.
    I don't like either biology or chemistry, RS is interesting so I'm fine with that but I was told I wont be able to change any of them next year as I'm only doing 3 A levels and would need to carry on with all 3. Don't know if its true tho

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my last year of A-levels and at the start of the academic year wanted to drop out. I couldn't stand my subject choices and honestly I still can't. I dread having to go into sixth form everyday and despite the school day finishing at 3pm, I always stay till 5pm to do a bit more work and to try and help myself out a bit. Despite being in the sixth form for so long each day I can tell you I despise it! but hey, only 1-2 months left until exams and then I'm off to Germany with my girlfriend for a week and a half so I can't complain!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.