English (Language and Literature)
    Science
    Maths
    German
    Spanish
    Religious Studies
    History
    Business Studies

How would you revise for those subjects? How many hours a day do you revise? What are the best revision techniques for you? And anymore bits inbetween! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I find that that best revision methods for maths and science are just going through as many past papers as you can and when you reach a question you don't know then just research that whole topic until you understand it. Also, make sure you get the specifications for the test from your teacher (this really helps).

I don't do languages so I can't help you there

For history: when you're given a question to revise and make a plan for, create a draft at home and get to school early so that you can go through it with your teacher and get some feedback. Also, I find reading lots of books (fiction or none fiction) on the subject helps you to understand it a lot more.

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew_sharp)
    I find that that best revision methods for maths and science are just going through as many past papers as you can and when you reach a question you don't know then just research that whole topic until you understand it. Also, make sure you get the specifications for the test from your teacher (this really helps).

I don't do languages so I can't help you there

For history: when you're given a question to revise and make a plan for, create a draft at home and get to school early so that you can go through it with your teacher and get some feedback. Also, I find reading lots of books (fiction or none fiction) on the subject helps you to understand it a lot more.

Hope I helped
    Thank you! They sound really good and I will give them a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdiorxx)
    My subjects for GCSE examinations next month:
    Science
    Maths
    German
    Spanish
    Religious Studies
    History
    Business Studies

How would you revise for those subjects? How many hours a day do you revise? What are the best revision techniques for you? And anymore bits inbetween! Thanks
    If you're taking Edexcel Business, a few days ago they released the brand new 2015 past papers which you can do (if you haven't already): http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

In general for all subjects, I find it also helps to be organised. You can try the TSR Study Planner - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner.

For an actual revision method, I'd spend a few hours going through your textbooks and revision guides, then make loads of good notes (you'll want to come back to them), and then wait a day or so and complete some past papers or workbooks. Keep doing this with every subject until you get 100% on the past papers. Each time, you could try making notes differently, perhaps with mindmaps, a video, a audio recording, flashcards etc. The more forms of revision you do, the more it's meant to help.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdiorxx)
    My subjects for GCSE examinations next month:
    Science
    Maths
    German
    Spanish
    Religious Studies
    History
    Business Studies

Well Im only predicted A*s in maths and sciences soI can only help you with those lol. For maths I think the best revision is to just do past papers but also learn and understand the methods to use. can spend hours doin maths cuz i love it lol but id recommend doing revision for maths in chunks of 30 mins (unless ur doing a test in which case try to replicate exam conditions)

For sciences:
    Biology- I'd just pretty much learn the book to be honest.Try to learn the key terms and use them in your answers. I think the key to incorporating those terms is to fully understand what they mean so spend some time trying to learn the concept by using revison guides, videos, etc

Chemistry-ths is difficult cuz imo chem has the most sorta stuff to learn. Learn all the fundamentals till ur really good at them first and the rest should be easier. Memorising the formulae is also crucial cuz some questions dont give u any equations or anything.

Physics- imo physics is just maths and logic. If you can use formulae correctly then that itself will get u a chunk of marks in the exams. For each question id advise reading it carefully to solve it sorta like a puzzle cuz often one thing leads to another.

I kinda made my own books for science and maths. So i just bought some plain notebooks and wrote out everything i knew for each subject. I think that helped me the most during my mocks lol.
    Hope I helped, good luck and feel free pm me if you have any questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.