Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Watch

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who didn't think this film was a masterpiece, or even particularly good?
    I thought it was okay, I liked the idea of the premise and thought there were some good performances (Ruffalo, Wood and Winslet).

However I don't feel as if it's hard hitting about the emotional damage an end to a relationship can be. It also featured some cliches such as throwing away things associated with the partner.
    To put it plainly, I do not think Carreys performance was brilliant, he seemed to merely talk quietly to try and convey the seriousness of the role.

Also the narrative seemed jumbled and intentionally so, were the memories of his childhood meant to show how these experiences made him who he is today?

So is there something I'm completely missing or do I need to view it repeatedly to fully grasp its depth?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nowen)
    Am I the only person who didn't think this film was a masterpiece, or even particularly good?
    I thought it was okay, I liked the idea of the premise and thought there were some good performances (Ruffalo, Wood and Winslet).

However I don't feel as if it's hard hitting about the emotional damage an end to a relationship can be. It also featured some cliches such as throwing away things associated with the partner.
    To put it plainly, I do not think Carreys performance was brilliant, he seemed to merely talk quietly to try and convey the seriousness of the role.

Also the narrative seemed jumbled and intentionally so, were the memories of his childhood meant to show how these experiences made him who he is today?

So is there something I'm completely missing or do I need to view it repeatedly to fully grasp its depth?
    I thought it was okay, but by no means brilliant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.