Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, so I don't know how to really start this and apologise if it's in the wrong area for what the topic is.

Basically in a little less than a month, it's my girlfriends 18th birthday - we've been together for about 18 months and have had some intimate times. I have brought her underwear on 3 occassions. We both like that and she has told me to 'not waste my money' so I can only buy her lingerie/underwear for a special occasion as per se.

For her 18th I am planning on taking her to the Shard in London and hopefully stay a night at a hotel. I was therefore thinking of getting her some lingerie as well. I think it'd work quite nicely but here's the catch...

We've both said about how much we both love the idea of suspenders/stockings despite us never physically seeing them or anything really. I was thinking of getting her some and when we looked into it more together online and such, it stressed her out a bit (I think mainly because we don't know how they are fastened or anything).

To compromise for this, and because we don't have a clue where to start for sizing of Suspender belts etc I had the thought of maybe just getting her a nice set of underwear and some hold up stockings. What do you guys think?

Once again, I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place but I wasn't too sure where else it'd fit best. If any of you guys need any more information or anything, I'll try and help when I can thanks in advanced

Break up with and save the hassle

ReputationRep:
    So basically your question is

"What lingerie should I buy my girlfriend?"

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    So basically your question is

"What lingerie should I buy my girlfriend?"
    I guess so - or maybe more, would hold ups be a good starting place to try stockings and suspenders etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I guess so - or maybe more, would hold ups be a good starting place to try stockings and suspenders etc?
    I'm afraid I'm extremely uneducated on the matter. :blushing:

I think you should wait for someone with more experience to comment on this thread, which is why you probably should have titled your thread "What lingerie should I buy my girlfriend?".

ReputationRep:
    I heard Ann Summers sell great lingerie

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm afraid I'm extremely uneducated on the matter. :blushing:

I think you should wait for someone with more experience to comment on this thread, which is why you probably should have titled your thread "What lingerie should I buy my girlfriend?".
    I should have really

(Original post by loveleest)
    I heard Ann Summers sell great lingerie
    I've had a look there and we like the look of some stuff but I don't know whether I should get a Suspender or break her in gently with hold ups as a stand alone thing first

ReputationRep:
    2 in the pink 1 in the stink.

(The shocker) - Jimmy carr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I don't know how to really start this and apologise if it's in the wrong area for what the topic is.

Basically in a little less than a month, it's my girlfriends 18th birthday - we've been together for about 18 months and have had some intimate times. I have brought her underwear on 3 occassions. We both like that and she has told me to 'not waste my money' so I can only buy her lingerie/underwear for a special occasion as per se.

For her 18th I am planning on taking her to the Shard in London and hopefully stay a night at a hotel. I was therefore thinking of getting her some lingerie as well. I think it'd work quite nicely but here's the catch...

We've both said about how much we both love the idea of suspenders/stockings despite us never physically seeing them or anything really. I was thinking of getting her some and when we looked into it more together online and such, it stressed her out a bit (I think mainly because we don't know how they are fastened or anything).

To compromise for this, and because we don't have a clue where to start for sizing of Suspender belts etc I had the thought of maybe just getting her a nice set of underwear and some hold up stockings. What do you guys think?

Once again, I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place but I wasn't too sure where else it'd fit best. If any of you guys need any more information or anything, I'll try and help when I can thanks in advanced
    i don't think this is an everyday issue

(Original post by 雷尼克)
    surprise house party, 80+ people
    Spoiler:
    Show
    can I come? are u near London?
    Unfortunately none of us are that much into party's

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.