Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BA Social Work after Master's watch

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on my thesis for my M.Sc in Criminology (from an overseas university).
    I have recently relocated to Scotland, where I'm planning to stay permanently.

Since moving here, I have come to realise that Criminology is not as highly regarded here in the UK as it is in Belgium, where I originally studied. Most of the jobs I'd like to do, are done by social workers here.

Hence, I have started to look into Social work degrees. Since I'm working full-time and do need the money, I can not afford to leave my current job and go back to a campus based course, so I have started to look into distance learning degrees. The Open University offers a BA in Social work that is accredited here in Scotland, but I just wonder if it would look bad going from a M.Sc to BA?
    Especially considering that there are postgraduate courses that I could enroll in, if I had the money to leave my current job.

I am mostly interested in working in the criminal justice field with juvenile offenders, or working with at-risk groups or families.

I would be really grateful if anyone could offer some advice.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.