Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1460314572618-405711174.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  444.4 KB hi, I would like some help with this question please. I can't find x as I can't tell the difference between those isomers. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut64)
Size:  444.4 KB hi, I would like some help with this question please. I can't find x as I can't tell the difference between those isomers. Thanks.
    I believe is D.
    D is a Z isomer whilst A, B,C is a E isomer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkrep97)
    I believe is D.
    i agree i think it's D because it's a z-isomer

ReputationRep:
    I believe is D.
    Yes it is D indeed but how can you tell so quickly? I was very confused by this and didn't know what to look for. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i agree i think it's D because it's a z-isomer
    Oh yes, I can see it now. But I am slightly confused about the structure. I didn't know if you could have CClH2 on one side. Normally it is just CH3. So CClH2 can also be a group? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is D indeed but how can you tell so quickly? I was very confused by this and didn't know what to look for. Thanks.
    I just looked at each one and from the way all of the isomer were drawn I could tell it was about geometrical isomerism. Then I looked at each one. D was the only one that had Cl and CH2Cl on the same side, thus that one must have been the answear.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I can see it now. But I am slightly confused about the structure. I didn't know if you could have CClH2 on one side. Normally it is just CH3. So CClH2 can also be a group? Thanks.
    yes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah C can have up to 4 bonds. It could've also been CCl3 or ChCl2

ReputationRep:
    I just looked at each one and from the way all of the isomer were drawn I could tell it was about geometrical isomerism. Then I looked at each one. D was the only one that had Cl and CH2Cl on the same side, thus that one must have been the answear.
    I can see it now thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.