Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really too tired and annoyed to look it up myself so I'm not asking for anybody to look for me, just if there are any quick tips on how to feel less stressed, if you don't mind could you tell me please :3 Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Honestly? Take a day off - and I mean really off. Don't even think about school, exams, anything. Go out with friends, or family, or even by yourself. Make it an entire day just dedicated to having fun, getting out of the house and just relaxing. It might feel like the last thing you want to do but trust me, it helps so much. The next day start fresh, don't worry, and just gently prepare yourself for the exams. Don't think that you're going to fail, instead think that you're going to do really well because you're going to be fully prepared and ready to tackle whatever the examiners throw at you! You still have plenty of time to put things right, so don't be nervous.
    Make sure you take your day off!!!
    Hope this is helpful

[email protected] it out

ReputationRep:
    Crying is a great de-stressor. I personally have a quick bout once after breakfast and once before bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Honestly? Take a day off - and I mean really off. Don't even think about school, exams, anything. Go out with friends, or family, or even by yourself. Make it an entire day just dedicated to having fun, getting out of the house and just relaxing. It might feel like the last thing you want to do but trust me, it helps so much. The next day start fresh, don't worry, and just gently prepare yourself for the exams. Don't think that you're going to fail, instead think that you're going to do really well because you're going to be fully prepared and ready to tackle whatever the examiners throw at you! You still have plenty of time to put things right, so don't be nervous.
    Make sure you take your day off!!!
    Hope this is helpful
    I'll try to, maybe at the weekend. I have wasted days before procrastinating about revising then the day after feeling really down because I'd wasted a day and that means that I want to spend everyday revising. I suppose that means that I'll overwork myself. Well, I'll take a day off, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Crying is a great de-stressor. I personally have a quick bout once after breakfast and once before bed.
    I find it very hard to cry when stressed, instead I just throw stuff

ReputationRep:
    I find that calm.com is a fab solution for trying to get calm after an argument, being stressed out by a ton of work so on and so forth. You should definitely check it out! I stumbled across it unintentionally but it really works!

ReputationRep:
    I always make sure to have a part of the week where I have a break. Therefore, I look forward to that part of the week which motivates me more and stops me from feeling so stressed. I also usually wake up early so that I can get revision done and have the night free of revision. I only do that during the holidays and exam leave though, it's different during the school week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    [email protected] it out
    It fell off after a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I find that calm.com is a fab solution for trying to get calm after an argument, being stressed out by a ton of work so on and so forth. You should definitely check it out! I stumbled across it unintentionally but it really works!
    Oooooh I like the celestial sunbeams one It's actually quite relaxing :P Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Oooooh I like the celestial sunbeams one It's actually quite relaxing :P Thanks!
    Not a problem! No doubt I'll be using it a hell of a lot in the next month because of AS levels... sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    I always make sure to have a part of the week where I have a break. Therefore, I look forward to that part of the week which motivates me more and stops me from feeling so stressed. I also usually wake up early so that I can get revision done and have the night free of revision. I only do that during the holidays and exam leave though, it's different during the school week.
    I shall try that, well my next holiday is during my exams, but I'll take a break on the weekend

ReputationRep:
    Get enough sleep
    Eat well
    See friends in between
    Drink tea/herbal tea
    Spend time with a pet
    Go for walks
    Get a cuddle from someone
    Treat yourself to something like some new clothes
    Meditate

Etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Get enough sleep
    Eat well
    See friends in between
    Drink tea/herbal tea
    Spend time with a pet
    Go for walks
    Get a cuddle from someone
    Treat yourself to something like some new clothes
    Meditate

Etc
    Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly try to do those things!

ReputationRep:
    Im stressed as hell for GCSE's.
    I cant even focus on revision.

But just take regular breaks, and dont overload all the revsion. take it easy and make sure you eat and sleep well.
    Just do a checklist of what ypu have to do each week, thats what i plan to do i never follow timetables so this is much easier for me. If you feel more stressed then talk to someone so you're feelings arent just blocked up in you. Trust me ik how u feel i have exam anxiety, so any tips you have would be good.. Hope this helped.x

Dont count the days left, but make the days count.

(same advice i posted somewhere else) Try and not stress it'll only make revision harder.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.