Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finally getting my car this week! watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited! After months of waiting my car has finally been fixed and I'm getting it! I've just bought learner driver insurance for £465 per year and the car itself, which is being bought by my parents, is £1,000.

The car make is a Vauxhall Corsa 2003 reg in dark blue. Do you think these are reasonable costs or am I paying too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I'm so excited! After months of waiting my car has finally been fixed and I'm getting it! I've just bought learner driver insurance for £465 per year and the car itself, which is being bought by my parents, is £1,000.

The car make is a Vauxhall Corsa 2003 reg in dark blue. Do you think these are reasonable costs or am I paying too much?
    my driving teacher jokes about me being a hazard on the roads and fearing my driving when i get my license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    my driving teacher jokes about me being a hazard on the roads and fearing my driving when i get my license
    Haha oh my god! My instructor has like this cross necklace thing that he kisses for a joke when I'm driving REALLY badly. It makes me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh my god! My instructor has like this cross necklace thing that he kisses for a joke when I'm driving REALLY badly. It makes me laugh!
    lol he just jokes about with a lot of things but he's a really good teacher and i managed toi learn things super quickly with him
    he jokes about almost everything when he's teaching how to do stuff i think that way i remember it more?

ReputationRep:
    lol he just jokes about with a lot of things but he's a really good teacher and i managed toi learn things super quickly with him
    he jokes about almost everything when he's teaching how to do stuff i think that way i remember it more?
    Yeah, my instructor offers free lessons if I'm ****ing up on a certain skill and like he's offered to take me out for free when I get the car!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my instructor offers free lessons if I'm ****ing up on a certain skill and like he's offered to take me out for free when I get the car!
    howly sheet i wish my teacher did that... i do need a bit more practise then i'd be ready to take the test. what are you doing at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 (almost 20) and have not had driving lessons yet.

ReputationRep:
    howly sheet i wish my teacher did that... i do need a bit more practise then i'd be ready to take the test. what are you doing at the moment?
    We kinda mix it up every lesson but I had a lesson today and we just went for a general drive about. He said I was amazing and that he'd be disappointed if I didn't at least have my test booked within the next set of ten lessons I've now just paid him for today!!!

I also got the car and went out in it and it was so fun!

ReputationRep:
    We kinda mix it up every lesson but I had a lesson today and we just went for a general drive about. He said I was amazing and that he'd be disappointed if I didn't at least have my test booked within the next set of ten lessons I've now just paid him for today!!!

I also got the car and went out in it and it was so fun!
    well this theory is really killing me i suck so much

ReputationRep:
    well this theory is really killing me i suck so much
    I'm sure you don't suck! Just keep working on it! My instructor recommends that you turn the voiceover feature on and request it in your real test because it then encourages you to actually process and think about the question rather than rush into it (especially if you're lazy like me and cba to read big paragraphs).

ReputationRep:

I'd actually be interested to know as well if £1000 for a 2003 corsa is alot or not as I would like to buy one sometime as well. Btw is it a 3dr or a 5dr version?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramo55)
    I'd actually be interested to know as well if £1000 for a 2003 corsa is alot or not as I would like to buy one sometime as well. Btw is it a 3dr or a 5dr version?
    I don't think it's either of those! Mine says SXi on the bodywork - so I assume that's the version it is?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.