The Student Room Group

Most expensive/fancy restaurant you've visited?

Scroll to see replies

Shaka Zulu so far :drool:
Ray mon blancs in bath, wasnt impressed at all if im honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I often take my gf to fine dining Japanese restaurants in central London, usually the bill ends up over £200 for the 2 of us after service charge but not including wine. ROKA's tasting menus are pretty worth it, but that's about it. The others that I've been to, for example Aqua Kyoto was very fancy and expensive but the food was nowhere near as good. (It's almost always Japanese that we go to, seemingly). Now, in terms of food, if I'm being honest, I've been to £30-£40 Japanese Restaurants in both Bristol and London that offer better. However, I suppose the fancy restaurants give the atmosphere and feel, or the 'experience' as they say, that you wouldn't get in a restaurant 5x cheaper. So I'd only go to these places on occasions such as valentines, birthdays, etc. As for me, they're not worth it.
Burger King on the A1 Ferrybridge services.
Reply 44
Original post by hezzlington
I haven't been to many fancy restaurants, but that will change soon.

I visited this restaurant in Paris that was incredible and was about 100 euros per person but we got a half price voucher, absolute bargain.

Another place I went to is this beautiful chain restaurant in Liverpool, they have a few in the UK. Really amazing food, location and interior design. Service was top notch too. Price wise I spent just under £100 for me and my ex gf. It was our first date so I wanted to impress!

What about you guys?

(PS, if any of you have been to The Fat Duck, message me!!)

Uhm this local restaurant where we spent £70 on the food then went to the bakery and spent £30 I counted that as a single experience? But I went to this fancy restaurant and they had this all you can eat for £10 and I'm really poor because I don't really work part time like most students so luxuries are hard to come by food wise lol
The Ritz; it was lovely. Don't really like the dress code though but meh.
I love the swan in London, food was amazing but I think the company made the meal so good. Haven't been to the fat duck but I used to work with Patrick Drake who used to be a chef there.

By the way, I just launched a new Facebook page where will be updating simple, tasty and cheap recipes daily making them perfect for students.
You can check it out at:
It is brand new so I would appreciated a like if you have time.

Thanks
Reply 47
Noma. About £800 for 4 people.
Never really have. Stayed in the Midland hotel in Morecambe and had dinner there, the food wasn't ridiculously fancy but much fancier than I'm used to. I'm a very picky eater so I struggle with fancy food. Had a beetroot salad which was the most delicious thing I have ever ate, then pasta which was very flavourful but not incredibly exciting, then I tried creme brûlée for the first time for dessert since I felt like it which was a horrible decision since I hate custard. I liked cracking it with my spoon though!

I felt like such a scrubber though because I was wearing leggings and a top and all the women had dresses and pearls. Also, I buttered my bread with the 'starter knife' and the waiter gave me a funny look. Fancy cutlery is confusing.
The most expenive ive been to is a restaurant called the crickets.
Its pretty amazing though.

M Restaurant

Oxo Tower

Plateau Restaurant

tfw you have to go to a Dixy rip-off because Dixy is too expensive :emo:

good choice
MMM… It Tastes Better™
I dunno if you've heard it-The Greenhouse, it's in London amazing restaurant, but yeah it is quite pricey...I went for an occasion, and it was about £135 each, but they do amazing promotions, if you go in at a certain time, e.g. the lunch menu has a set price of about £65 I think, can't really remember at the top of my head..but yeh :smile:
De Rougemont Manor, Mary Green Manor, The Lanesborough
Both of mine are in London and luckily my friend's parents have always paid for me! The first is plum valley, it's in China town and my friends mum knew the chef and told him to bring his favourite things from the menu- there was more food than I could ever recall. The food itself wasn't that expensive but the quantity shot the bill up!
The next is my favourite restaurant of all time, it's a Michelin star restaurant in Soho called Yauatcha. It also serves Chinese/Asian food and the best macaroons! I don't quite know how much the bill was but it was the best food ever so is worth every penny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went for a cheeky Nandos once with the lads
Reply 57
the fat duck
Original post by Serine Soul
Went for a cheeky Nandos once with the lads

:unimpressed:
The Ritz Restaurant. We ended up spending about £300 for just the two of us...was pretty nice tbf

Quick Reply

Latest