Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I made 5 choices on Ucas., UCLan was my first choice and the day after my application they accepted me. I didn't realise I could withdraw choices up until this point, so just withdrew my remaining options so I could accept UCLan and get it squared away.

I originally applied for a Foundation course, however in their offer letter they said they want me to go straight ahead to the main course. Excellent of course, but now I've accepted the offer on Ucas, am I bound to the foundation course? Or will they adjust accordingly?

Anyone have any idea how it works?

"Please note that this offer is for Year one entry as you exceed the entry requirements for Foundation Entry. "

This is pasted from their conditional offer, once I gave them evidence of my qualifications they sent me an unconditional offer and that's what I accepted. However the offer was for the original application of foundation, so says entry level 0.

Any clues as to what will happen with this? Seems like it wouldn't really be too binding considering UCLan want me to skip foundation?

Cheers,

Rich
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Richci)
    So, I made 5 choices on Ucas., UCLan was my first choice and the day after my application they accepted me. I didn't realise I could withdraw choices up until this point, so just withdrew my remaining options so I could accept UCLan and get it squared away.

I originally applied for a Foundation course, however in their offer letter they said they want me to go straight ahead to the main course. Excellent of course, but now I've accepted the offer on Ucas, am I bound to the foundation course? Or will they adjust accordingly?

Anyone have any idea how it works?

"Please note that this offer is for Year one entry as you exceed the entry requirements for Foundation Entry. "

This is pasted from their conditional offer, once I gave them evidence of my qualifications they sent me an unconditional offer and that's what I accepted. However the offer was for the original application of foundation, so says entry level 0.

Any clues as to what will happen with this? Seems like it wouldn't really be too binding considering UCLan want me to skip foundation?

Cheers,

Rich
    Sounds like you've accepted the year 1 offer, check your track and under year of entry does it still say 0?

ReputationRep:
    It says "Start from: Foundation year."

The original application and offer was all based around this, the only confirmation of year one start was via their message once they gave me an offer it seems.

It's all a bit confusing! I guess I should wait out to hear from them since I've accepted and go from there?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It says "Start from: Foundation year."

The original application and offer was all based around this, the only confirmation of year one start was via their message once they gave me an offer it seems.

It's all a bit confusing! I guess I should wait out to hear from them since I've accepted and go from there?
    Give admissions a call, shouldnt be too difficult to get this cleared up.

ReputationRep:
    So, to clear this all up should anyone have a similar issue.

Even though Ucas said I was starting on year 0 and that the offer was for foundation, on UCLan's systems I was set for year 1. They offered to update Ucas for me but said it really had no effect as everything was correct on their end.

Thanks for the help claireestelle.

Rich
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So, to clear this all up should anyone have a similar issue.

Even though Ucas said I was starting on year 0 and that the offer was for foundation, on UCLan's systems I was set for year 1. They offered to update Ucas for me but said it really had no effect as everything was correct on their end.

Thanks for the help claireestelle.

Rich
    Glad you got things sorted

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.