Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an interview for Radiotherapy and Oncology on the 12th of April 2016 at Cali?
    If so how did you prepare for it? I am a bit stuck on what its going to be like because its informal but they will decide on whether they give you a place or not using this interview.

ReputationRep:
    I have interview tomorrow for Radiology and Oncology at 9.40 am. Well prepare yourself with knowledge about course, university, strong points and weak points of your person, provide details about your experience regarding radiology and oncology. I'm stressed and hope it goes well...

ReputationRep:
    I have this interview soon, what sort of questions did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    I WAS UNSUCCESSFUL but had 3 other offers and withdraw from Caledonian University other application for Pharmacology. Strathclyde offer me two Unconditional for Master degree courses and Caledonian always have some problems, confuse people and disappoint. They asked:

1. Why Caledonian University?
    2. Why this course?
    3. What Radiology and oncology is about?
    4. They ask you about your sensitivity and self-control regarding patients and your sympathy to them (so examples what you would do if....??)
    5. The ask very detail about Radiologist and Oncologist profession.
    6. What is your experience and achievements so far related to this profession?

At the end I think I was very well prepared, confident and smiled but next day received email NO. Their loss. Got my MChem Drug Discovery and I'm over the moon
    Good luck on your interview, hope it will goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from them and I got an offer, I just need to get a C in Higher English. I'm quite surprised I got a place because I didn't feel as though I had done well in the interview. I also got an offer from Optometry at Cali the next day, which was my first choice anyway so I'll probably put Radiography and Oncology as my insurance.

Good luck to anyone who still has to do the interview!

ReputationRep:
    There's only 25 places so I don't think the odds are in my favour at this point considering I'm the last person to be interviewed haha, but thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    I have the interview in a week.
    Could anyone who has already been interviewed give me more details about what they ask?
    How long does it take to them to make a final decision?
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    So, do anyone have any news or tips for my interview o tomorrow?
    Sorry but I'm doing my best to prepare myself for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demi1898)
    So, do anyone have any news or tips for my interview o tomorrow?
    Sorry but I'm doing my best to prepare myself for it.
    Hi ,How it is gone today ? I have interview on next week

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview tomorrow, anyone know the questions?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take everyone to hear back after first applying to this course? X

ReputationRep:
    ]How long did it take everyone to hear back after first applying to this course? X

ReputationRep:
    sorry,I've just seen the questions - it's too late I suppose.
    I applied through Extra on 22nd of March, got an invitation for Skype interview on middle April .

ReputationRep:
    Aw I see. That's great you got an interview. I applied on 18th April but had no reply so feeling doubtful now :-(

ReputationRep:
    I applied for radiotherapy and oncology at the start of November and didn't hear anything still in February and I heard back from my other choices. So I emailed them and they got back to me straight away offering me a Skype interview as I don't live in Scotland. After my interview they got back to me a few days later with a conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    Should I email do you think? Can you remember who you emailed? X

ReputationRep:
    well i did because i was impatient haha, they got back to me straight away so it was worth it! That's who i emailed [email protected]
    Is glasgow your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply Hannah.
    I've only applied to GCal for radiotherapy with oncology, and also too diagnostic radiography, I would absolutely love a place.
    I know what you mean by impatience, I log onto track nearly every half hour lol.
    I did apply late so I'm not sure if I should just leave them alone for a while to decide hehe

ReputationRep:
    Its just too exciting! oh very good, theres no harm anyway if you do email. Good luck anyway and let me know how you get on x

ReputationRep:
    I've been chosen with a conditional offer too, after the Skype inteview. So maybe it's just matter of time and you'll hear from them.

Hannah where are you from? It's so exciting to know someone who is going to do the same course as me (I'm Italian and I don't know anyone there).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.