Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I own a iPad mini do I need an iPhone ? Is there any point? Would the functions be the same? 💭💭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reddesert)
    I own a iPad mini do I need an iPhone ? Is there any point? Would the functions be the same? 💭💭
    Would you take your iPad when you go out and school? Do you make phone calls on your iPad? An iPhone would be far more convenient but since you don't really care about the functions you may as well by a cheap android phone for when you go out and keep your iPad at home

ReputationRep:
    Nobody needs any kind of technology starting with i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Internet?
    I was thinking more along the lines of apple products, but internet is also not needed really.

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need an iPhone. More generally, you don't need a phone. There are points to support getting a phone: texting, phoning and use of mobile data.

(Original post by M14B)
    What about inoculations or insulin injections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    No, you don't need an iPhone. More generally, you don't need a phone. There are points to support getting a phone: texting, phoning and use of mobile data.

They are for wimps.

ReputationRep:
    Well you can't call anyone on an iPad or use the internet outside of wifi unless you have a cellular one which you pay monthly for, almost like a phone contract. Functions are the same yes, but if you're looking for something that does everything, I would suggest an iPhone and not an iPad as your options are wider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeeDixon)
    Well you can't call anyone on an iPad or use the internet outside of wifi unless you have a cellular one which you pay monthly for, almost like a phone contract. Functions are the same yes, but if you're looking for something that does everything, I would suggest an iPhone and not an iPad as your options are wider.
    I already own a iPad mini. I just wasn't too sure what new phone I should get. Samsung galaxy or the iPhone 6s Plus?💭💭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeeDixon)
    Would you buy an iPhone if you have an iPad? I was contemplating because I feel it may be the same thing except on a iPhone you can call on it and iPad mini you can't. They seem so similar, I mean on both you can FaceTime, iMessage etc.

That's what I was wondering . ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Why do you think that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)

😂😂😂😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I was thinking more along the lines of apple products, but internet is also not needed really.
    But wifi is! ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv Loves Maths)
    Would you take your iPad when you go out and school? Do you make phone calls on your iPad? An iPhone would be far more convenient but since you don't really care about the functions you may as well by a cheap android phone for when you go out and keep your iPad at home
    I'm at uni not school. I like my iPad as I watch programmes and stuff, write lecture notes, Skype, FaceTime, iMessage etc. So I wasn't sure 😁

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.