The Student Room Group

I have just worked out a massive loophole in the criminal system

If the poilce ever come to arrest you and say' Mr/Mrs x I am charging you with blaahh blaahh you do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be used as evidence against you in a court of law- do you understand?' Just say no you dont understand and they can't arrest you.

How can someone who doesn't understand their rights stand trial? they can't. Why has nobody ever thought of this?

Scroll to see replies

Lmao, what about all the people arrested who have remained silent? They were still arrested despite not agreeing to understanding. This is so funny.
Original post by greatguy522
If the poilce ever come to arrest you and say' Mr/Mrs x I am charging you with blaahh blaahh you do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be used as evidence against you in a court of law- do you understand?' Just say no you dont understand and they can't arrest you.

How can someone who doesn't understand their rights stand trial? they can't. Why has nobody ever thought of this?

Most of the times they do not even say 'do you understand'. Seriously are you 5?!
Reply 3

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 4
Reply 5
You're still going to get banned

They don't say that.

"You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."
Original post by 999tigger
They don't say that.

"You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Just reply with 'No' anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by NicolaM
Lmao, what about all the people arrested who have remained silent? They were still arrested despite not agreeing to understanding. This is so funny.

No they wont.

I am going to rob a bank and if i get caught I will just act stupid and they cant do anything.
Original post by Inexorably

Ah! Amazing film!!!

And you're ugly just like your mum
Even if this were true, at some point during the process a judgement would be made on whether you were in fact capable of understanding or not.

Even if by some miracle the judge and jurors were conned by your act, you would simply end up being sent to an institution or otherwise dealt with as if you were really mentally incapable, possibly worse than prison if you actually are mentally capable. Especially because if you ever broke your act from then on, you would be back before the court with perjury added to the charge sheet.
Reply 11
Original post by Scruffyjoe
Most of the times they do not even say 'do you understand'. Seriously are you 5?!

Mate I am older than half of what you can count to.

Amazing discovery, I encourage you to write a paper on it.
Original post by Virgili
You're still going to get banned

Careful.
Reply 14
Original post by Inexorably

No you stupid
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
They don't say that.

Well whatever they say just say you have no idea what they talking about and they cant do anything.
Reply 16
Original post by Ethereal World
Careful.

Haha, I don't think so :smile:

Is this a threat? No way to celebrate our recent alliance now is it?
No they wont.

I am going to rob a bank and if i get caught I will just act stupid and they cant do anything.

You don't need to 'act' stupid, I think you're naturally just that!
Original post by Virgili
Haha, I don't think so :smile:

Is this a threat? No way to celebrate our recent alliance now is it?

Course it's not a threat just pointing out the irony. :afraid:

My name isn't purple remember that. And you're a great person imo and our recent alliance, has actually made me quite happy.
Original post by scrotgrot
Even if this were true, at some point during the process a judgement would be made on whether you were in fact capable of understanding or not.

Even if by some miracle the judge and jurors were conned by your act, you would simply end up being sent to an institution or otherwise dealt with as if you were really mentally incapable, possibly worse than prison if you actually are mentally capable. Especially because if you ever broke your act from then on, you would be back before the court with perjury added to the charge sheet.

Just say you dont understand. What can they do?

Quick Reply

Latest