Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend has a job where she's surrounded by a lot of guys, and I know some of them try to hit on her. She isn't phased by it and ignores most of them, but I'm getting pretty jealous because she's made friends with some of them and will sometimes hang out with them. I've talked to them and it's obvious that they like her despite me being there.

Should I tell her that I'm jealous of this?

ReputationRep:
    What company is this?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes, but pick your words carefully. No if you cant. Think about what you expect her to do, is it reasonable? Do you need reassurance or is an ugly controlling possessive side going to come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend has a job where she's surrounded by a lot of guys, and I know some of them try to hit on her. She isn't phased by it and ignores most of them, but I'm getting pretty jealous because she's made friends with some of them and will sometimes hang out with them. I've talked to them and it's obvious that they like her despite me being there.

Start lifting Brah! :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    It's important there's communication in your relationship and it's ok to voice your concerns as long as you highlight that you know it's not her fault and that it just concerns you. At the end of the day, trust is one of the main at abilities in any partnership so if you trust her, as you should, you shouldn't be jealous.

ReputationRep:

What did you say? Sounds like they aren't bothered by you.

ReputationRep:

Never date a stripper

ReputationRep:

I would.

ReputationRep:
    Communication is key in a relationship, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of jealousy.

I would suggest talking to her about it and saying that it bothers you, but reassure her that you are trusting.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel the mature, cool and likeliest thing to hold on to her love is actually not to react to it.

ReputationRep:
    Let them play their little games. When she runs home from work after a crap day who does she put her shoulder on?

ReputationRep:
    No don't tell her your jealous.

Let know what you told us, and let her decide if their worth them disrespecting you/ your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    Let them play their little games. When she runs home from work after a crap day who does she put her shoulder on?
    Doesn't matter really tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Doesn't matter really tbh
    What doesn't matter

you are so cryptic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    What doesn't matter

you are so cryptic
    I'm just saying feelings could change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    I'm just saying feelings could change
    Towards him or them? I'd rather not live a paranoid life believing every man that tries to flirt with or shows remote interest in her could somehow whisk her away. Not worth the hassle.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.