Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'd just like for some feedback as to whether i should bother Applying to for Law, especially at RG universities.

I'm currently studying Marketing, Advertising, and PR Management at College, a very new course which only started being taught from the year 2015. Achieving all top grade, so there's no doubt that i'd be able to pull off an D*D*D*. I've also completed my AS year, achieving ABB in: Psychology, English Language and and Physics. I only changed after 1 year, since i felt as though AS levels wasn't my thing, and A2 workload was just so daunting.
    But anyway, i do however kind of have a weak GCSE back ground. Overall i'd achieved 8:
    English - A
    Mathematics - C
    Eng Lit - A
    French - B
    Physics - B
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - C
    History - C

Plan on retaking my Math's GCSE and hopefully getting it to an B at-least.

Now the universities i've looked at applying to are:
    University of Birmingham - Law
    University of Sheffield - Law
    University of York - Law
    University of Liverpool - Marketing/Business Management
    Sheffield Hallam (incase no offers from all of the above) - Marketing/Business Management

And as i'm studying a vocational, it's what i intend on applying to University with. I understand that i'd have to take the LNAT test for some of the listed Uni's above, which i have no problem with.

Anyway, my question is, what would my chances be of receiving offers, especially with my weak-ish background in GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    You'd not have to take the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    You'd not have to take the LNAT.
    For Birmingham you are required to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    For Birmingham you are required to.
    Currently. Not when you're applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    Currently. Not when you're applying.
    I suppose you're right. Just searched it up.

ReputationRep:
    All of the 5 universities u have stated won't require lnat from candidates applying for 2017 entry. Well done on ur AS grades, I'm suprised that u haven't proceeded into A2. Whilst some might disagree, I don't think the workload in A2 is a huge leap from AS. But that might be because I was sitting 4 in the 1st years as opposed to 3 now. I wouldn't worry too much about GCSE's, u have A's in the most relevant subjects. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    I suppose you're right. Just searched it up.
    I don't understand why you'd bother resitting GCSE maths. Your unis won't care one bit about the C.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.