Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it greedy to want a high paying job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't think it is, it all depends what you do with the money, like if you're not keeping it all to yourself that's fine. If you've earnt it then fair enough. Opinions???
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    No.
    But money comes second to power, as we all know.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    But money comes second to power, as we all know.
    Definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Personally I don't think it is, it all depends what you do with the money, like if you're not keeping it all to yourself that's fine. If you've earnt it then fair enough. Opinions???
    Ofc not. But besides being an entrepreneur theres no clear shout easy way of making money without working your ass off.

And even then theres luck involved for a stable career.

Look @ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4009439. No one really gives her a conclusive answer.

Heres my two cents. Try to get qualified in two careers in case one gets bellied up. Also follow your interests and remember lifestyle sacrifices. Most people get paid similar amounts per hour anyways so why not do something yeh want with stable career regardless of pay.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    No as long it matches to your skills and expectations.

ReputationRep:
    No, and the less amount of effort you have to put in, the better. Think of the great Winston Bogarde. He earned £40k a week for doing absolutely jack. The guy laughs in the face of those who extol the virtue of hard work.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think so. If you're worth it then why not!

Depends on your job, if it's entertainment or consultancy or self employed then it's fine. If you were with it, you'd get paid

If it's government or charity funded then I think no. I think being greedy with charity speaks for itself. With government jobs, if you're getting paid more than what you live on and it's fairly reasonable to how much work you do then there's no reason to ask for more.

ReputationRep:
    no like i like the high life and know that whilst my choice is moderately easy compared to some it's still harder than most people think
    ok i do get things done but you should see the failings i made on the way to being a success it was more blind luck and lucky gambles that pushed me up
    i mean i started buying stuff six years ago i bought stuff and just broke even (£1 profit on a scrap piece at £15 cost then i go a year later to make £20 profit over £30 cost)
    i sent a £30 cost batch of gold and silver to the smelter and got £40 a lot of it was collectable stuff (tiffany, pandora even a gucci pendant)
    i spent £100 on a fake gold ring had it been real the melt would have been close to £300
    now i can spot the good stuff like
    -platinum thermocouple wire i bought for £200 it was 3t.oz of pure metal and melted a couple of months back for over £2,000
    -i bought a shallow dish from a boot fair for a £1 turned out to be real jade and i made £600
    -i bought a few stones a 1.71ct black diamond turned out it was a natural stone and worth £900 not bad for £40 and a 50ct ruby which cost me £50 and was worth £6,000

ReputationRep:
    asian thread/10

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.