Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bringing Jack back would be ridiculous :s

ReputationRep:
    You can say that again!

ReputationRep:
    Outrage at 'Home And Away' lesbian storyline

A planned lesbian love affair between two characters on Home And Away has outraged conservative family groups.

In scenes to air later this month in Australia, Summer Bay policewoman Charlie Buckton (Esther Anderson) will begin a relationship with female deck hand Joey Collins (Kate Bell).

However, the same sex storyline has angered conservative family groups with many arguing the relationship is inappropriate for the soap’s 7pm PG-rated timeslot.

"[Home And Away] continue to market to kids and they continue to develop quite sexualised plot lines," Pro-Family Perspectives director Angela Conway told the Herald Sun. "The plotlines that young kids and teenagers should be presented with should be about really authentic relationships that are not just sexualised."

Anderson, 29, defended the controversial storyline, saying: "You learn pretty much everything at school. I don't think it's like I'm lifting the lid on something they don't already know about.

"To me there's no difference - love's love. The fact that your partner's the same sex is no different. You just want to be loved."

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have no problem with the subject matter!! N it's not the first time but isn't Joey a little young for Charlie!!??

I said the same when Rachel and Kim started going out first!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Totally saw that one coming. How old is Joey supposed to be?

ReputationRep:
    Seen it coming for Charlie but didn't think it wud be with Joey until her sexuality was revealed! First I thought Charlie was going to get really close to Martha and end up trying something!

Okay Joey is supposed to be 18, whereas Charlie is 26!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I suppose it's quite a big gap then, but it's not outrageous.

ReputationRep:
    No but when Charlie has such a position in the community the age gap is even bigger to be honest irrelavant of whether its with a man or woman!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Nicole and Geoff are heading the bad way. Is this in preperation for her leaving? I don't want her to, she's good.
    Cannot believe the new Charlie and Joey storyline!

ReputationRep:
    Is Nicole leaving??? Oooh, I don't want her to go either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Nicole and Geoff are heading the bad way. Is this in preperation for her leaving? I don't want her to, she's good.
    Cannot believe the new Charlie and Joey storyline!
    :eek: Nicole can't leave! Her and Geoff are basically the only ones I watch this soap for!

ReputationRep:
    There is no proof that Nicole is leaving! And to think that a character will just leave Summer Bay because their parent is leaving is overlooking that Home And Away is built on the whole guardian taking in left children since 1988!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by boatsgoplaces)
    :eek: Nicole can't leave! Her and Geoff are basically the only ones I watch this soap for!
    I know, same!!

ReputationRep:
    Belle is the most annoying character at the moment and I used to like her. Martha has the worlds fastest growing hair, it will probably be back to its original length in a week.
    I like Nicole as well, didn't she used to be in Neighbours as the blind Timmins girl? (sorry has probably already been answered)

ReputationRep:
    Martha's hair is annoying the hell out of me!! It just looks so bad shape wise!!!!

Here's a promotional picture!!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Charlie is quite hot but her character is annoying as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lincs_b)
    Belle is the most annoying character at the moment and I used to like her. Martha has the worlds fastest growing hair, it will probably be back to its original length in a week.
    I like Nicole as well, didn't she used to be in Neighbours as the blind Timmins girl? (sorry has probably already been answered)
    Nicole played Anne in Neighbours. She was blind and they found out that her and Bree had been swapped at birth. lols.
    Martha's hair is definitely growing at an unnatural pace!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lincs_b)
    Oh I know, although it's worrying. I'm going to study Journalism and I hope I don't end up like Belle lol.
    Martha's hair!! I thought that too!! You can see it hanging out, seriously..does hair grow that quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Oh I know, although it's worrying. I'm going to study Journalism and I hope I don't end up like Belle lol.
    Martha's hair!! I thought that too!! You can see it hanging out, seriously..does hair grow that quick!
    Only in soap land:tongue: Yesterdays episode (Aus pace) made me cry
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by *banana)
    Only in soap land:tongue: Yesterdays episode (Aus pace) made me cry
    Oh no, why, what happened?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.