Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, have worked in a cafe for 4 years as the Saturday girl, and want to apply for a job at odeon for some extra cash. However, i don't know what to put on my CV? All of the websites i've looked on are suggesting really in depth stuff, but do I really need all of that just to apply for the cinema?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by baevans99)
    I'm 17, have worked in a cafe for 4 years as the Saturday girl, and want to apply for a job at odeon for some extra cash. However, i don't know what to put on my CV? All of the websites i've looked on are suggesting really in depth stuff, but do I really need all of that just to apply for the cinema?
    Put your cafe job on it and talk about the skills you gained from it and your English, maths GCSE grades at least.

ReputationRep:
    There's some really useful information on writing CV's here
    https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...-to-write-a-cv
    https://www.careerkickstart.rbs.com/...ses/a-good-cv/
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by baevans99)
    Yes, because you are entering a competition (to win the job) and it is 'just to apply to the cinema' - a job thousands of people like you can do. So if even a hundred people apply ( and they probably will) there is a tough competition and you need to demonstrate you are the best.

I can't understand why folks don't realise that the easier the job, the more people can do it, so the more people apply, so the better your application has to be if you want to be competitive!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.