The Student Room Group

Art Therapy at Roehampton in Psych or Art Department

Is the Art Therapy MA at Roehampton based in the art department or psychology? If the latter how are the studio facilities (close by, comprehensive, limited etc.)

Any help really appreciated
Do you mean Art Psychotherapy? It is based in the Psychology department. You're very unlikely to find a student on this forum who does this (very niche) course, so best to contact the department if you have questions about facilities.
I don't think Roehampton has a studio space. Herfordshire is the most art based art therapy MA. Goldsmiths doesn't have a studio space either.
Original post by ArtTherapy
I don't think Roehampton has a studio space. Herfordshire is the most art based art therapy MA. Goldsmiths doesn't have a studio space either.

Do you mean Hertfordshire is better than Roehampton in studying art therapy?
Reply 4
I went to visit them for this course before, and if I remember rightly, they don't offer you your own studio space. There were a few things that put me off the place in the end, but they weren't selling any studio space for students. If you're considering it, I would highly recommend visiting it first.
Goldsmiths, Hertfordshire, The Northern Programme and Derby are alternatives. There may be another that I have missed off as these are just off the top of my head.
Hertfordshire has lots of studio space and allocates a whole day for art making.

Quick Reply

Latest