Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any online resources where I can revise Systemic Biology?

They don't cover this in A-level really, but I have to get this done within a couple weeks so I could really use some good links!

Apparently I'm supposed to learn all this:

Protozoa, their subtyping and impact. Flagellata. Rhizopoda. Sporozoa. Ciliata. Porifera. Cnidaria andAcnidaria. Plathelminthes. Nemtahelminthes. Molluscs, Annelids, Arthropods, their characteristic andsubtyping. Deuterostoma. Chordata, Vertebrata. Cyclostoma and Chondroichtyes. Fish. Amphibians.Reptiles. Mammals. Primates. Viruses. Bacteria.

Is there anything inclusive of all this, or do I have to research each topic separately?

Please quote me so I get a notification that you answered
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Anyone have any online resources where I can revise Systemic Biology?

They don't cover this in A-level really, but I have to get this done within a couple weeks so I could really use some good links!

Apparently I'm supposed to learn all this:

Protozoa, their subtyping and impact. Flagellata. Rhizopoda. Sporozoa. Ciliata. Porifera. Cnidaria andAcnidaria. Plathelminthes. Nemtahelminthes. Molluscs, Annelids, Arthropods, their characteristic andsubtyping. Deuterostoma. Chordata, Vertebrata. Cyclostoma and Chondroichtyes. Fish. Amphibians.Reptiles. Mammals. Primates. Viruses. Bacteria.

Is there anything inclusive of all this, or do I have to research each topic separately?

Please quote me so I get a notification that you answered
    Hi there I studied an animal biodiversity module in my first year which included most of these, however we got the bulk of information from a textbook. How much detail do you need? I could send you some of the lecture slides if you're desperate but they're not incredibly detailed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hi there I studied an animal biodiversity module in my first year which included most of these, however we got the bulk of information from a textbook. How much detail do you need? I could send you some of the lecture slides if you're desperate but they're not incredibly detailed!
    Hey

Honestly, I'm not even sure. That's literally all I have concerning the directions of studying those topics for the exam I'm taking. From the exam practice questions I have done, they usually ask about taxonomy of specific species. For example; "Toxoplasma gondii belongs to the phylum: ..." followed by multiple choice answers. Its a very ambiguous system, but I don't have anywhere to start, so I think any resources at all would be better than nothing at this point!

Those slides would be infinitely more useful than what I have now, literally! :P So I would be forever grateful.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hey

Honestly, I'm not even sure. That's literally all I have concerning the directions of studying those topics for the exam I'm taking. From the exam practice questions I have done, they usually ask about taxonomy of specific species. For example; "Toxoplasma gondii belongs to the phylum: ..." followed by multiple choice answers. Its a very ambiguous system, but I don't have anywhere to start, so I think any resources at all would be better than nothing at this point!

Those slides would be infinitely more useful than what I have now, literally! :P So I would be forever grateful.
    I had to cover this during my first year. The main book I used to revise this was Brock's book of Microorganisms which covered all the different phylum's/kingdoms and taxonomy. This may or may not be out of date now. I would be inclined to research each of them individually through Google searches. It would be unlikely unless you find some lecture notes or university resources on similar examination material. You could probably go through the effort of compiling and collecting several text books covering some of each topic, but they will most likely cover them in much more depth that you're required to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I had to cover this during my first year. The main book I used to revise this was Brock's book of Microorganisms which covered all the different phylum's/kingdoms and taxonomy. This may or may not be out of date now. I would be inclined to research each of them individually through Google searches. It would be unlikely unless you find some lecture notes or university resources on similar examination material. You could probably go through the effort of compiling and collecting several text books covering some of each topic, but they will most likely cover them in much more depth that you're required to know.
    Thanks for the advice. I know I should be taking my time to really research this, but I have to study a ton of stuff in the span of like 10 days now for an exam largely consisting of personally unencountered material! That's why I'm asking around for advice :P
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thanks for the advice. I know I should be taking my time to really research this, but I have to study a ton of stuff in the span of like 10 days now for an exam largely consisting of personally unencountered material! That's why I'm asking around for advice :P
    I find it strange you're being examined on content you haven't been taught or learnt about. Best of luck with the revision and if you need any specific help, feel free to make a new thread or ask and I'll try my best to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I find it strange you're being examined on content you haven't been taught or learnt about. Best of luck with the revision and if you need any specific help, feel free to make a new thread or ask and I'll try my best to help
    Sorry, I should mention I'm writing an entrance exam to into an EU university. So, the material is somewhat different from A-levels. I don't have much time at all to prepare, but its my first choice program and the only exam date I'm eligible for as an International student, so I didn't want to miss out by not attempting!

Thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hey! I'm guessing you couldn't find those aforementioned slides?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Hey! I'm guessing you couldn't find those aforementioned slides?
    Terribly sorry, my laptop has been a pain recently! I should be able to send them over today, can you please PM me your email address?

ReputationRep:
    Hi ^-^Is it possible for you to forward me the same slides? I know it may be a hassle but it would be immensely helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.