Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the last 3 months I have had discomfort from the top part of my chest. It feels like there is mucus or something pressing on the chest. The feeling comes and goes through the day and some days I don't feel it at all. Often it feels worse in the mornings after I get up. Other than that there is no real pattern.

I have also been told by a friend who is a sports massage therapist that my intercostal muscles feel tight.

Also not sure if it is linked but my right eye often feels puffy and the same time and aces slightly along with the tight side of my nose and cheek, I presume this us sinus related.

The question is do I go to the Dr, it is only slightly bothering me, but it is annoying me a little. I have tried steam inhalation with olbus oil and decongestant meds which you get over the counter.

I don't want to bother the dr for him to tell me not to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawfoodjunkie)
    For the last 3 months I have had discomfort from the top part of my chest. It feels like there is mucus or something pressing on the chest. The feeling comes and goes through the day and some days I don't feel it at all. Often it feels worse in the mornings after I get up. Other than that there is no real pattern.

I have also been told by a friend who is a sports massage therapist that my intercostal muscles feel tight.

Also not sure if it is linked but my right eye often feels puffy and the same time and aces slightly along with the tight side of my nose and cheek, I presume this us sinus related.

The question is do I go to the Dr, it is only slightly bothering me, but it is annoying me a little. I have tried steam inhalation with olbus oil and decongestant meds which you get over the counter.

I don't want to bother the dr for him to tell me not to worry.
    Always worth booking an appointment and checking in with the doctor. Better to hear a 'nothing to worry about' from someone qualified to make the judgement rather than us lot who by and large aren't...

ReputationRep:
    It is likely that you just have an underlying infection, I had similar symptoms for almost 5 months. I would never worry about bothering a doctor, you should always get any condition that is worrying you checked out. I also agree that it is much better to be told it's nothing to be worried about by someone qualified to make that decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.