A bit late but............... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I know that this is probably a case of pre-exam results nerves, but could you please answer this in order to put part of my mind at rest.
In the chemistry "how far how fast" exam, there was a question where I had to describe a) homogenous and b) heterogenous catalysts. I put down that a) The reactants and products are in the same phase as the catalyst.
b) The reactants and products are in different phase at the catalyst.
I know that in the actual definition, it only says about the reactants being in the same phase as the catalyst. Does saying reactants AND products mean that I will lose some marks.
Please help!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
So long as you sound clever, you'll get good marks. In Humanity exams, I was advised to invent theorists and theories. The examiners are so pressed for time, they'll usually put a tick next to it and build up your grade. There's no rule that states you can't invent stuff, so try it next time.
Unspeakable
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It probably works that there are a list of phrases and you get a mark for each correct one so simply saying reactants should do it. They very rarely have another "deduct marks for each of the following" part.
You could just hope that the markers are in skim mode i guess, which from what i hear isn't too far fetched anyway - people at school keep telling stories about people writing things like "if you read this properly I'll give you a free bottle of whiskey" randomly in the middle of their essays and who never hear anything. Then again hearsay never was reliable.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unspeakable)
It probably works that there are a list of phrases and you get a mark for each correct one so simply saying reactants should do it. They very rarely have another "deduct marks for each of the following" part.
You could just hope that the markers are in skim mode i guess, which from what i hear isn't too far fetched anyway - people at school keep telling stories about people writing things like "if you read this properly I'll give you a free bottle of whiskey" randomly in the middle of their essays and who never hear anything. Then again hearsay never was reliable.
could you change your avatar unspeakable?? its confusing me!
Vin
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unspeakable)
people at school keep telling stories about people writing things like "if you read this properly I'll give you a free bottle of whiskey" randomly in the middle of their essays and who never hear anything
LOL

I suppose no one would dare to do that in uni though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
what you said is wrong...but I can recall that you would have only probably lost a couple of marks which contribute 1/3 per cent to your overall A-level grade...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads