lydia12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello

Could someone please advice me on what university to study at for law? I am 50/50 on both. I loved the Exeter campus but I also liked Newcastle city. I also like to go out and party but I've heard at Exeter there is not much of a party scene, whereas in Newcastle there is. However many of the forums I have read say that Exeter is more prestigious than Newcastle but its lower in the league tables.

Please someone help!!!
Nameless Ghoul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The league tables should be ignored, especially subject-specific rankings. They are capricious and unreliable.

Exeter has excellent ties with City law firms. Still Newcastle is a strong university with a good name; an LLB from Newcastle potentially can get you to wherever you want to be.
Tom5pence
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Newcastle, especially if you want a good party scene (being party capital of the uk n' all ) Both great, well respected degree's though
Procaffinator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Newcastle is very good for law. It has a good reputation among firms and one of the best Law societies. Plus some pretty interesting optional modules!

Also, the city is absolutely fabulous! The university itself is near to all the shops, cafes and restaurants which is pretty cool. I've loved it when i visited it since i felt the sense of 'community' and the feeling that the uni does actually care about its students! Also, all the students that I've met were just lovely and willing to help me.
Nameless Ghoul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Procaffinator)
I think Newcastle is very good for law. It has a good reputation among firms and one of the best Law societies. Plus some pretty interesting optional modules!

Also, the city is absolutely fabulous! The university itself is near to all the shops, cafes and restaurants which is pretty cool. I've loved it when i visited it since i felt the sense of 'community' and the feeling that the uni does actually care about its students! Also, all the students that I've met were just lovely and willing to help me.
I'd not go that far. Its law society is one of the weakest amongst the "good" unis. The website look like it was put together by someone with a grace C GCSE in IT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads