Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Could someone please advice me on what university to study at for law? I am 50/50 on both. I loved the Exeter campus but I also liked Newcastle city. I also like to go out and party but I've heard at Exeter there is not much of a party scene, whereas in Newcastle there is. However many of the forums I have read say that Exeter is more prestigious than Newcastle but its lower in the league tables.

Please someone help!!!

ReputationRep:
    The league tables should be ignored, especially subject-specific rankings. They are capricious and unreliable.

Exeter has excellent ties with City law firms. Still Newcastle is a strong university with a good name; an LLB from Newcastle potentially can get you to wherever you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle, especially if you want a good party scene (being party capital of the uk n' all ) Both great, well respected degree's though

ReputationRep:
    I think Newcastle is very good for law. It has a good reputation among firms and one of the best Law societies. Plus some pretty interesting optional modules!

Also, the city is absolutely fabulous! The university itself is near to all the shops, cafes and restaurants which is pretty cool. I've loved it when i visited it since i felt the sense of 'community' and the feeling that the uni does actually care about its students! Also, all the students that I've met were just lovely and willing to help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procaffinator)
    I think Newcastle is very good for law. It has a good reputation among firms and one of the best Law societies. Plus some pretty interesting optional modules!

Also, the city is absolutely fabulous! The university itself is near to all the shops, cafes and restaurants which is pretty cool. I've loved it when i visited it since i felt the sense of 'community' and the feeling that the uni does actually care about its students! Also, all the students that I've met were just lovely and willing to help me.
    I'd not go that far. Its law society is one of the weakest amongst the "good" unis. The website look like it was put together by someone with a grace C GCSE in IT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.