The Student Room Group

Sixth form admissions

I'm planning on applying to the Cheltenham Ladies college sixth from in a couple of months and I'm wondering if applying is a realistic decision. This is coming from someone who's had appalling punctuality and average grades over the last three years. I'm in year 10 and and now I'm on time everyday and I regularly get As and Bs in my exams. I do sports and debating and I volunteer often. Could I do It? Or is it too late?
I'm sure you're supposed to apply in year 11 after you receive your mock results, nevertheless Many sixth forms do not really mind what you've done before Year 10 as they know you've matured and are looking towards your A levels now! You're extra-curricular activities help you too! You should be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Barnabun
I'm planning on applying to the Cheltenham Ladies college sixth from in a couple of months and I'm wondering if applying is a realistic decision. This is coming from someone who's had appalling punctuality and average grades over the last three years. I'm in year 10 and and now I'm on time everyday and I regularly get As and Bs in my exams. I do sports and debating and I volunteer often. Could I do It? Or is it too late?

Hi,

I am also planning on applying for 6th form in a few months too. I am currently in Year 10 at my school. I wouldn't worry about the last few years as I don't think they will care about them. My grades are similair to yours :smile:
What subjects are you considering taking?
Reply 3
Original post by lilyindira
Hi,

I am also planning on applying for 6th form in a few months too. I am currently in Year 10 at my school. I wouldn't worry about the last few years as I don't think they will care about them. My grades are similair to yours :smile:
What subjects are you considering taking?

Politics, Business and Physics I haven't figured out the fourth one yet. :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest