Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ladykillers.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ... no where near as good as the original. If you're contemplating seeing it would wait for it to come out on vid/dvd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    ... no where near as good as the original. If you're contemplating seeing it would wait for it to come out on vid/dvd!
    The original was on tv the other day - I only saw the end though, but the bit I did see I thought was good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    The original was on tv the other day - I only saw the end though, but the bit I did see I thought was good
    Yeah - we watched the original on Ch4 on Saturday then went to see the new one that evening. No comparison really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yeah - we watched the original on Ch4 on Saturday then went to see the new one that evening. No comparison really!
    I wish Hollywood would stop stealing all the decent old films and churning out crappy remakes. There was a big article about this in the paper (Sunday Times, i think) - how could anyone, ever, cast Sly Stallone in a Michael Caine part?? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It was a good film, and I enjoyed it. Perhaps you should simply base its merit on the film alone, not another.

ReputationRep:
    I found it funny, however a bit boring at the beginning, when i didn't have a clue what it was about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwarwick)
    It was a good film, and I enjoyed it. Perhaps you should simply base its merit on the film alone, not another.
    in that case it was rather poor, especially for the Cohen Bros.

disapointing

ReputationRep:
    What barbarism...!!!!!!!!!
    The Cohen Brothers used to be my fav directors and I still can't believe that they actually directed a movie this crappy... What's happening to them.. Come on guys.. :mad:

LONG LIVE BIG LEBOWSKI

ReputationRep:
    I'd seen most of the film a few years ago but it was only last week that I watched the end. A classic. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Alec Guinness' character though

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.