Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I get my hair done an all over colour normally of a slightly warm mid-dark brown which is pretty close to my natural colour but the dye makes it shinny and enchances the colour a bit. It's a semi perminent loreal diarichesse and I get it done in the salon normally every 6-8 weeks.

I decided to go for something a bit different three weeks ago so I went for a warmer colour. Normally my stylist will do my base colour on the roots and the mix of base and the warm down and to the ends. It doesn't look ombré and that's what I want but for some reason doing it this way means I don't see roots regrowing which is good. This time I noticed she just put the warm colour all over (and as I said much warmer than I normally go for, it looked bright orange as she mixed it as opposed to brown but she said this is normal and it won't come out bright at all).

Anyway she put it all over and I really liked the outcome it's like a mahogany colour. But now after three weeks my roots are showing. It doesn't look good and to be honest I am regretting the colour choice now. If I could go back to the brown I had before I would. I don't want to get the roots touched up if I can help it although I have three more weeks till I am due another colour. Should I get the roots done in the mahogany and then in three weeks go back to brown. Or should I go back to brown now? Or should I see if they can do an ombré effect whereby they do the roots and a bit more in brown and gradually let it fade into what I already have?

What I am really asking is can you turn mahogany into a mid-dark brown with a slight warmth? I don't want it to look bad?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by flutterby-x303)
    So I get my hair done an all over colour normally of a slightly warm mid-dark brown which is pretty close to my natural colour but the dye makes it shinny and enchances the colour a bit. It's a semi perminent loreal diarichesse and I get it done in the salon normally every 6-8 weeks.

I decided to go for something a bit different three weeks ago so I went for a warmer colour. Normally my stylist will do my base colour on the roots and the mix of base and the warm down and to the ends. It doesn't look ombré and that's what I want but for some reason doing it this way means I don't see roots regrowing which is good. This time I noticed she just put the warm colour all over (and as I said much warmer than I normally go for, it looked bright orange as she mixed it as opposed to brown but she said this is normal and it won't come out bright at all).

Anyway she put it all over and I really liked the outcome it's like a mahogany colour. But now after three weeks my roots are showing. It doesn't look good and to be honest I am regretting the colour choice now. If I could go back to the brown I had before I would. I don't want to get the roots touched up if I can help it although I have three more weeks till I am due another colour. Should I get the roots done in the mahogany and then in three weeks go back to brown. Or should I go back to brown now? Or should I see if they can do an ombré effect whereby they do the roots and a bit more in brown and gradually let it fade into what I already have?

What I am really asking is can you turn mahogany into a mid-dark brown with a slight warmth? I don't want it to look bad?
    Is your current colour a semi permanent one? If so going back to what you had shouldnt be too difficult.

I thought this was a maths question and I was about to reply 'have another trip to the hairdressers'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Is your current colour a semi permanent one? If so going back to what you had shouldnt be too difficult.
    Yes it's semi perminent. Do they have to remove the current colour before adding a new one or do they put the new on top of the old?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by flutterby-x303)
    Yes it's semi perminent. Do they have to remove the current colour before adding a new one or do they put the new on top of the old?
    I think they would attempt to remove it but cant say for sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.