Turn on thread page Beta

What do Muslims do on Freshers Week??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been wondering and everyone is always talking about going out partying and etc etc.
    Especially living with non Muslims as well it's gonna be annoying because people are gonna come in drunk/play music/ bring in alcohol etc.
    What should I/Muslims do for freshers especially?

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself

I aimt muslim but i dont like drinking or clubing
    Eating out and gyming, some societies my be fun
    Thats what i plan to do at uni at least

ReputationRep:
    Make dua sister

ReputationRep:
    Wait hold up, didn't you make a post once that your man was "an inspiring rapper with dreams to travel the world". Now you are acting all righteous and pious that listening to music is a terrible sin.:mute:

ReputationRep:
    Check out the isoc at your uni, they should have events you can do during freshers week. Or other societies that don't involve drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo Lionel Richie)
    Wait hold up, didn't you make a post once that your man was "an inspiring rapper with dreams to travel the world". Now you are acting all righteous and pious that listening to music is a terrible sin.:mute:
    I was clearly being sarcastic and joking. You actually thought I fell for a guy who I met in a dark alley? Also I was implying that by playing music they'll be partying and up all night. If you didn't have anything good to say then no point saying it as I don't really need your judgement. 😙

ReputationRep:
    from my experience you either
    stay at your uni dorm and get high after isha.
    or you get married and bring your husband over every night

ReputationRep:
    Start studying ahead for your course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Start studying ahead for your course
    I mean, I want to have friends too and not seem like some loner. Also it'll be hard studying for my course when everyone else is being loud and playing music.

Stay home and study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I mean, I want to have friends too and not seem like some loner. Also it'll be hard studying for my course when everyone else is being loud and playing music.
    It is called discipline!

ReputationRep:
    Don't assume your flatmates will play loud music and be drunk all the time etc because not every flat in uni is like that. I lived in a pretty quiet flat and everyone was quite respectful about not playing their music too loud. I lived with a few muslim girls, they actually went out clubbing during freshers week but didn't drink and they had a good time just dancing. But if you don't wish to go clubbing at all join societies, they usually organise days out etc and you can meet like minded people through them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    It is called discipline!
    What do you mean discipline? Also I'll be living with people who are studying the same course as me.

ReputationRep:
    Eat Persian food and complain to your fellow Muslims about hijabi problems and how the whole family wrecks the house during Eid celebrations.

ReputationRep:
    Get in with some mature students like me, they tend to be past the stage of rebelling against their parents and getting drunk and high to prove how insanely cool they are
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hey! Can I ask what uni you're going to?

And I would suggest having a look at your universities Islamic Society activities! They will be having stuff for freshers so you don't feel like you're missing out on an experience!

And check out other societies and what they're doing. Everything should be on FB near to the time and you will definitely find something that tickles your fancy!

Good Luck and InshaAllah everything will be fine x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    from my experience you either
    stay at your uni dorm and get high after isha.
    or you get married and bring your husband over every night
    Getting high is haraam. I don't want to get married yet thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Get in with some mature students like me, they tend to be past the stage of rebelling against their parents and getting drunk and high to prove how insanely cool they are
    I'm not really a fan of people who have done that in the first place to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I'm not really a fan of people who have done that in the first place to be honest.
    I mean as in they didn't begin uni at the usual fresher age, and therefore never got involved in that stuff.
    Anyway, the past is the past. Don't Muslims preach forgiveness?

(Original post by RobML)
    Don't Muslims preach forgiveness?
    Not for the kuffar. :console:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.