Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I wouldn't blame you for saying "this guy is posting too many car problems". And to be honest, my TSR car problem posting record says a lot to me too.

If you frequent this subforum often you may have come across my threads like "Brakes Failed", "Economy Low" and "Stalling when Changing Gear".

Well, since the brakes failed yesterday, now it's not changing gear. The automatic gearbox is not working how it should. It shifts up normally, but today it wouldn't shift down normally. I was slowing down towards a junction and it started juddering - in the way that I haven't felt since I was driving years back on a manual and too low in the gear.

Had to quickly flip it to manual mode and shift down to stop it. (lucky there are paddles!)

All of these problems I think can be put down to the computer. There are 2 pedals - accelerator and brake. Both have no link to the mechanics of the car, only electronics that push signals towards the computer control (apparently, the "ECU").

I'm worried that i fell for the age old trick of "oh, this model is newer, it's better", and not the "this model has had a couple of years for the glitches to be ironed out".

Beware anyone driving a new mercedes this year, or someone who's had their merc in for a service and had things updated, there are problems to be had!

ReputationRep:
    My dad's been driving the 2015 C220 for a good 25,000 miles now and hasn't had a single problem. Sounds like the dealer sold you a lemon? Why haven't you been in touch with the dealership by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    My dad's been driving the 2015 C220 for a good 25,000 miles now and hasn't had a single problem. Sounds like the dealer sold you a lemon? Why haven't you been in touch with the dealership by now?
    Lol a lemon?

Car goes through the company, got blown off by HR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.