Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any idea what topics may come up in philosophy and ethics this year or your teachers might know as my teachers are new to OCR so don't know. Please help

ReputationRep:
    For the As paper I'd be surprised if either Plato, the theodicies, ontological argument and maybe cosmological didn't come up!

Aristotle and goodness of God has come up two years in a row!
    Kant came up in ethics and philosophy last year so I don't think Kants moral argument will come up.
    And the teleological came up last year but as a main question 'explain the teleological argument with Hines criticisms' so I don't think they would give a question like that even if it did come up.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I think kant, just war theory, natural law, abortion right to a child, utilitarianism and absolutism/ relavist ethics will come up for ethics?/

ReputationRep:
    My teachers have been doing it for years and my Philosophy teacher is pretty confident the ontological argument will for a and maybe b will be linked to Kant

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any idea of what may come up on the ethics exam? (OCR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillie_hallows)
    Has anyone any idea of what may come up on the ethics exam? (OCR)
    Apparently:

Natural Law,
    Genetic Engineering
    Utiliarianism
    and ????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutellaLuv)
    Apparently:

Natural Law,
    Genetic Engineering
    Utiliarianism
    and ????????
    For genetic engineering do you know what theory it is going to be asking us on? I think (from other predictions) that the last topic may be compare a relative and absolute theory of ethics, or compare a deontological with a teleological theory of ethics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillie_hallows)
    For genetic engineering do you know what theory it is going to be asking us on? I think (from other predictions) that the last topic may be compare a relative and absolute theory of ethics, or compare a deontological with a teleological theory of ethics
    Oh yeah apparently the last one is moral relativism and absolutism forgot that one

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea on what the grade boundaries will be like? :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.