z-ant
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone got any idea what topics may come up in philosophy and ethics this year or your teachers might know as my teachers are new to OCR so don't know. Please help
yamyam77
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the As paper I'd be surprised if either Plato, the theodicies, ontological argument and maybe cosmological didn't come up!

Aristotle and goodness of God has come up two years in a row!
Kant came up in ethics and philosophy last year so I don't think Kants moral argument will come up.
And the teleological came up last year but as a main question 'explain the teleological argument with Hines criticisms' so I don't think they would give a question like that even if it did come up.
nujam438
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I think kant, just war theory, natural law, abortion right to a child, utilitarianism and absolutism/ relavist ethics will come up for ethics?/
Charlotte_En
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My teachers have been doing it for years and my Philosophy teacher is pretty confident the ontological argument will for a and maybe b will be linked to Kant
lillie_hallows
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone any idea of what may come up on the ethics exam? (OCR)
NutellaLuv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lillie_hallows)
Has anyone any idea of what may come up on the ethics exam? (OCR)
Apparently:

Natural Law,
Genetic Engineering
Utiliarianism
and ????????
lillie_hallows
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NutellaLuv)
Apparently:

Natural Law,
Genetic Engineering
Utiliarianism
and ????????
For genetic engineering do you know what theory it is going to be asking us on? I think (from other predictions) that the last topic may be compare a relative and absolute theory of ethics, or compare a deontological with a teleological theory of ethics
NutellaLuv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lillie_hallows)
For genetic engineering do you know what theory it is going to be asking us on? I think (from other predictions) that the last topic may be compare a relative and absolute theory of ethics, or compare a deontological with a teleological theory of ethics
Oh yeah apparently the last one is moral relativism and absolutism forgot that one
burga015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone have any idea on what the grade boundaries will be like? :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
7.55%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
9.43%
No, but maybe I will look into it (28)
26.42%
No and I wouldn't consider it (60)
56.6%

Watched Threads