julesaquilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Whats the best way to a)transfer an itunes account and b)be able to sync your iphone to a new computer? I've tried transferring my itunes library via a memory stick, but on my new laptop after i removed the memory stick there was a circle with an exclamation mark next to all the songs and they couldnt play? Please help
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by julesaquilina)
Whats the best way to a)transfer an itunes account and b)be able to sync your iphone to a new computer? I've tried transferring my itunes library via a memory stick, but on my new laptop after i removed the memory stick there was a circle with an exclamation mark next to all the songs and they couldnt play? Please help
Is the music on your iPhone all legal iTunes music?
julesaquilina
Rep:
?
(Original post by mscaffrey)
Is the music on your iPhone all legal iTunes music?
Theyre mostly cd's which were imported?
User1333171
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Theyre mostly cd's which were imported?
In that case I think the only way to put them on your new iTunes is to import the CDs again. You can make a backup of your iTunes library on a CD and import that, but I think that must be what you tried already with the memory stick. With the old Classic iPod you could easily transfer the music because the iPod acted like a memory chip, but with iPhones and the iPod Touch I think you can only easily transfer the music straight from the iPod if you bought the music on iTunes.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
julesaquilina
Rep:
?
(Original post by mscaffrey)
In that case I think the only way to put them on your new iTunes is to import the CDs again. You can make a backup of your iTunes library on a CD and import that, but I think that must be what you tried already with the memory stick. With the old Classic iPod you could easily transfer the music because the iPod acted like a memory chip, but with iPhones and the iPod Touch I think you can only easily transfer the music straight from the iPod if you bought the music on iTunes.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
What does it mean if there is a circle with an exclamation mark by the song title and how can i stop that from happening? Cuz i cant play any songs with that circle
User1333171
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What does it mean if there is a circle with an exclamation mark by the song title and how can i stop that from happening? Cuz i cant play any songs with that circle
It means there's an error. It can sometimes be that your song is in a different folder to the one iTunes is looking in - have you checked that your music is in the iTunes music folder in your files? If it's not that it could just be that there's an error in transferring the files, making them unplayable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads