Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help please do I have enough UCAS points ?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i want to study nursing and i have an old NVQ level 2 in health and social care gained in 2004 and i have a BTEC national level 3 dip in health and social care i am trying to work out my UCAS points but can't seem to work it out can anyone help me please ??

ReputationRep:
    i have an old NVQ 2 in HSC from 2004 and i have a more recent BTEC National diploma level 3 in HSC i would like to go on to do a nursing degree to become a RGN i can't work out if i have enough UCAS points could someone help me please ??

ReputationRep:
    Most universities require you to of been in education within last 5 year. So you may need an access course at college.

I only know this as currently having to do one myself despite having enough ucas from previous a-levels and a previous degree xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haylsuk)
    i have an old NVQ 2 in HSC from 2004 and i have a more recent BTEC National diploma level 3 in HSC i would like to go on to do a nursing degree to become a RGN i can't work out if i have enough UCAS points could someone help me please ??
    There is no such thing as a RGN anymore.
    Nursing is split into 4 fields.
    And to get on to a nursing course you need enough UCAS points for the universities you apply to as each one may have slightly different entry requirements. Study also has to be recent and your personal statement needs to be good enough for you to be shortlisted for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by haylsuk)
    I would recommend looking up the universities you might be interested in attending and contacting their admissions department. Explain to them the qualifications you have and whether they would recommend you apply for the degree or the access course. As far as I am aware, all universities look for recent education (either last 3 or 5 years). It's definitely not the end of the world if you have to do the access course, it will give you another year of experience and prepare you academically for the degree.

ReputationRep:
    Access course is great prep hard work but worth it!xx

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what the others have said. To be honest even if you didn't need access id still do it anyway. I think
    It'd be quite difficult with no academic experience but it sounds like you'd need it anyway. When I did access the uni I wanted won't accept any access that's more than 3 years old so I'm guessing it would of been seem for other quals x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your advice I am enrolling on an access foundation course soon 😀😀👍🏻👍🏻

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.