Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everything is just alright, there is no happy and also no sad. If I'm not then the **** is wrong with me?
    I have a self diagnosed schizoid personality disorder but even considering this it seems seems dull.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that numb feeling could suggest you are depressed.

Or perhaps it is more complex than that.

You need to see a professional.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everything is just alright, there is no happy and also no sad. If I'm not then the **** is wrong with me?
    I have a self diagnosed schizoid personality disorder but even considering this it seems seems dull.
    Hey; I'm really sorry to hear things seem very grey for you :/ No-one on TSR is trained to be able to give diagnoses but have you thought about giving your GP a visit? You said you have self diagnosed schizoid personality disorder?

ReputationRep:
    When you're depressed, you may feel numb or extremely saddened/hopeless (apart from other normal feelings like happy, angry etc). If you start having self-harm and/or suicidal thoughts or it's interfering with your personal life, then it's time to see your GP.

Don't ever, ever try to self-diagnose especially with psychological disorders/mental illnesses because you are very likely to try and imitate those disorders/illnesses the next time something comes up (like when you feel sad one time you might think you have depression etc). It makes it hard for doctors/psychiatrists to properly, accurately diagnose you when you meet them because you're going to try and fit into those criteria of a mental disorder/illness you think you might have.

Also, mental illnesses are not cool. Personality disorders or severe mental disorders can interfere with your relationships (family, friends) and people who have them most likely have to take meds for years and/or therapy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.