Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the past year I've just been so calm about everything, I remember before where I would actually freak out like crazy, but now...idk what happened I care, obviously, but not enough to go apesh*t crazy?

Idk...what about you?

ReputationRep:
    you have more mocks?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Massively panicking. I don't know the content for this subject and I'm not good at the exam technique. I'm also feeling terrible which is not aiding my revision in the slightest. Grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artijoke)
    For the past year I've just been so calm about everything, I remember before where I would actually freak out like crazy, but now...idk what happened I care, obviously, but not enough to go apesh*t crazy?

Idk...what about you?
    Don't think about them! I have had 12 mocks already and have two more this week. I was totally calm though! I mean seriously, they are only mocks, this is your chance to see how good you are. This is a total boost to your revision status
    My friend though, she really freaks out too. She got so scared in our math mock that she got a bad bleeding nose and had to leave the hall. She didn't finish and I feel really sorry for her for worrying this much.

So... er.. good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Why are so many people back at school I thought it was still half term
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by luciie)
    Most people either had the easter weekend then 2 weeks off (so back today) or the easter weekend then 4 days of school then 2 weeks off (so back next Monday). I believe it was mostly Scotland and some of the West? coast that had the second option. Most of England had the first. No clue about Wales!

ReputationRep:
    I have a maths mock and C2 P2 and B2 mocks but I'm feeling pretty chill

ReputationRep:
    Mocks at this time of year?!
    What for?

ReputationRep:
    when do you start school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    when do you start school
    Next Monday
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Mocks at this time of year?!
    What for?
    Because we're not the exam til next year so our teacher thought why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Because we're not the exam til next year so our teacher thought why not?
    Makes sense now.
    I am at Uni now and I forget things have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Next Monday
    ...so lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    you have more mocks?
    yes it's annoying, the school just pulled out this information when everyone thought all was well so it was frustrating at first, we all spent about three days straight up b*tiching about the school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Massively panicking. I don't know the content for this subject and I'm not good at the exam technique. I'm also feeling terrible which is not aiding my revision in the slightest. Grrrr.
    Honestly it helps to not care...or at least pretend you don't. I'm not trying to show-off here but I didn't revise for my first couple of mocks and I got surprisingly good grades. What helped me further understand the question was having a calm head and pretending to have fun.

In my first mock I was so chillaxed the invigilator thought I was cheating. Every time i looked up I saw her eyes staring into me, then quickly flicking away. It humored me and put me in a good mood, and consequently I got good results.

The whole point of this is to show you that you must keep calm. I guess it's easy for me to say, but honestly it helps. Take a break and mess about for a bit.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha2208)
    Don't think about them! I have had 12 mocks already and have two more this week. I was totally calm though! I mean seriously, they are only mocks, this is your chance to see how good you are. This is a total boost to your revision status
    My friend though, she really freaks out too. She got so scared in our math mock that she got a bad bleeding nose and had to leave the hall. She didn't finish and I feel really sorry for her for worrying this much.

So... er.. good luck tomorrow!
    Thanks! Honestly I was chill about the whole situation but today my dad told me that if I did well (A*s and As) he'd get me a new phone. I was annoyed how I didn't have this motivation at the beginning of the Easter holiday but :borat: it'll be fine

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.