James12134
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi im working with a private company they do plumbing and heating i get paid 30 a day now im doing the nvq apprenticeshjp with my college snd my college wants an employment contract from the company. So ive asked the guy i work for a contract he said i can only do it in the contract that you are working for free as voluntary and not getting paid because it will be a problem for me. The question is what problem will it cause him what is the secret behind saying that he doesnt want to put on the contract that im getting paid 30 a day. Can someone help me please
Bittah Demon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds dodgy, question him about the problem.
Sounds like he's writing the £30 a day off as expenses or something to avoid tax.

Does it make a difference to the college whether you're getting paid or not?
midwolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agree with Donkey, sounds a bit dodgy.
My contract states my pay in it. It shouldn't be a problem for him unless he's trying to hide it from someone. If you're not comfortable with questioning him about it (I know I wouldn't be) then tell the college and they should speak to him.

If this slides he could take advantage and not pay you at all 'because that's what it says in the contract' that you will have to sign and agree to.
raesa786
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes his avoiding tax and thats the reason why. Speak to the college and tell them the situation as they will know best how to go about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.85%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.1%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.92%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.11%

Watched Threads