Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have been struggling to get a part time job having applied at several places and usually getting no reply! I think it was my CV so I have recently completely re-done my CV and will attach it to this post (I have left out personal information). If you could please recommend any improvements and advice that would be great. Thanks, Jake.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx CV.docx (26.6 KB, 185 views)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its ok, but you are young. Not sure about the stock broker bit. Try and change your skills to match the job you are applying for as well as the ps bit. Its ok but it doesnt look targeted to a type of job. Not sure about the red either. If its retail then think about customer service.

ReputationRep:
    Not an expert so I could be wrong but I feel like you could get all that on one page and they'd prefer it more concise since it's only a retail role you're after.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Jbennetts)
    I'd take it to the CV Help thread where you can discuss details in a private thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jbennetts)
    Hi guys, I have been struggling to get a part time job having applied at several places and usually getting no reply! I think it was my CV so I have recently completely re-done my CV and will attach it to this post (I have left out personal information). If you could please recommend any improvements and advice that would be great. Thanks, Jake.
    Personal profile only needs to be one paragraph and you really don't need hobbies and interests on either unless they are really relevant to the role.

ReputationRep:
    i need help getting a job aswell >.> i don't know where i can work -.-

ReputationRep:
    I need help as well. I'm finding it so hard to get a first job. arghhYour CV is pretty good for starters in comparison to mine, mine is just utter rubbish.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.