Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get over the Harry Potter books and films? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've finished the books and feel like I have no purpose in life anymore. I'm just wallowing in my love for the fandom but my GCSEs are in a few weeks and I need to be studying! How do i get over this?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Squigysqump)
    I've finished the books and feel like I have no purpose in life anymore. I'm just wallowing in my love for the fandom but my GCSEs are in a few weeks and I need to be studying! How do i get over this?
    It is an okay series :yep:.

Assess and realise that GCSEs are far more important. Allow yourself some HP time as a reward after revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squigysqump)
    What Kvothe said. ^
    Definitely focus on your GCSEs - it'll be over in a few weeks. :woo:
    fanfiction.net is your best friend though now that you've finished reading the series.
    I'm sure there are millions of fics in the HP department!
    Revision comes first though, remember.

ReputationRep:
    Take all of your books and burn them.

But seriously, have a think about it, how much do your GCSEs mean to you. GCSEs are something that will effect you for quite a while longer than Harry Potter books will so right now you need to assess your priorities When you get your GCSEs over with you will have plenty of time to get back into Harry Potter! You could even make a schedule for your revision, then maybe on that schedule allow for a short break where you can go back to some Harry Potter? If you plan it out carefully and don't get too focussed on Harry Potter you can still get a lot of revision done and have spare time to enjoy yourself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Happiness can be found in even the darkest of places...if one remembers to turn on the light.

ReputationRep:
    Do well in your exams first and then watch Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them when it releases in November.

ReputationRep:
    The best way to get over a book is to read another book

ReputationRep:
    WATCH THE NEW WIZARDING WONDERFUL MOVIE coming out in November :{

:party: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them :party:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.