Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heroes is about power and lack of power.’ Write about two or three times in the novel when
    characters show their power, or their lack or power. Give reasons for what you say. Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandms300)
    Heroes is about power and lack of power.’ Write about two or three times in the novel when
    characters show their power, or their lack or power. Give reasons for what you say. Please help!!
    I apologise in advance for any inaccuracies (I did GCSE Literature last year).

When i did this for my first point i talked about larry lasalle and Francis cassavant (all about the ping ping tournament) - This is quite metaphoric. I said that it sort of resembled their life as they always gained power over the other and then eventually francis wiould overpower larry. I also linked this to guilt (At the end of any game you feel guilty about ovetaking someone however i linked this to the guilt from neglecting nicole and how his obsession of power lead to him loosing everything)

For my second point i talked about how nicole was weak when she was abused by larry lasalle. (In this point i talked about the colour black because they were dancing in the dark and then i talked about how she was dancing to escape her pain and then the scratching of the record could be seen as her crying for help or you could talk about the repetition and say that this pain is infinite and she will be abused and weak for life and the fact the door was slightly closed could be seen to demonstrate sexism as there is room to hope, but then women like nicole can become trapped).

I can't remember ny third point, but i got 100% A* in this exam last year, hope this helps.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.