Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I've had a lil look and I stil think Normal hair because Dreads are horrible!

those people look like Swampy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    those people look like Swampy
    Oh no, not the dreaded swampy lookalikes!!!

ReputationRep:
    in a fight.....normal hair would win.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you feel is more 'you' i guess! Both look gd in the pics x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F3Z)
    in a fight.....normal hair would win.
    no way! dreads would definitely win in a fight - more padding, so many different life forms growing in there to infect the opposition, they have super whip action - brilliant to use like tea towels when dipped in water, they have a mind of their own so i can whistle and they will leap up and attack. the list is endless. i think i'll go with the dreads.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but dreads are more solid than normal hair so dreads would go straight through normal hair.plus it would take ages to grow an army of dreads so they would eventually die out.AND normal hair are good friends with the pubes, so they have renforcements.

ReputationRep:
    You look hot wth the dreads go with them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F3Z)
    yeah, but dreads are more solid than normal hair so dreads would go straight through normal hair.plus it would take ages to grow an army of dreads so they would eventually die out.AND normal hair are good friends with the pubes, so they have renforcements.

yeah, dreads are loads more solid. i knew someone that got bugs in their hair with dreads. when she had it shaved off, the hairdresser found a gigantic patch of healthy eggs on her scalp. i wouldnt recommend dread locks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    yeah, dreads are loads more solid. i knew someone that got bugs in their hair with dreads. when she had it shaved off, the hairdresser found a gigantic patch of healthy eggs on her scalp. i wouldnt recommend dread locks!
    that's like, the whole point of dreads, man. free yourself from the giant pharmaceutical fatcats of the military-industrial complex who like force you to wash and remove the animal smell from us all. like, eggs are way out, new life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggin)
    hi everyone, I really cant decide whether to have my dreads for our leavers ball (this friday) or my normal hair...what do you think? my dress is red and sortof alternativey - made by Nomads (nepali make) with lacey sleeves and a corset top half. on one hand i have just had a new hair cut and people keep saying 'no, leave it like that' but on the other hand the dreads will go with my dress....if i can make pictures small enough i will post some up! would appreciate your opinions!
    hehe go for dreads!! i just had some wool ones out in - so fun!

ReputationRep:
    they look skank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    they look skank
    im guessing you have 'normal' hair then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    im guessing you have 'normal' hair then!

well, i had a hair-cut two days ago - i specifically asked for an amalgamation of styles,

50's retro slicked and short sides, at the back big 80s style pointy and cut into, and at the top, modern and spikey lol

ReputationRep:
    I havent had a hair cut for almost 2 years now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ok, firstly they are not skank - they are synthetic (ie. nylon extensions) hence i put them in (about 1 and a half hours) and they look like dreads straight away. when my hair gets a bit rank (a month is the longest i've left them in) i whip em out, bung em in the washing machine and they are back to clean wonderfullness. and there is no egg growing. and so this also means that the dreads are back in there with a fighting chance in the big battle of the hairs - the argument that dreads will fall out is overruled as they wont and if the do i just put em back in again.

ReputationRep:
    thought i'd post a pic of my final decision!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggin)
    thought i'd post a pic of my final decision!
    The dreads do look very cool.

MB

ReputationRep:
    also your eyes complement the colour of your dress

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    also your eyes complement the colour of your dress

MB
    hahahaha yes i tried to put them normal on photo editing program but didnt get very far - i have little patience for editing pics.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic dress, and the dreds look cool as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.