Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!
    Does anyone know the London College of Contemporary Arts? I applied there for a MA in fashion retail&luxury management but I saw some really negative reviews on it.. Also the wikipedia page says that the school is not recognized as a higher education place.
    Thanks for the help!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I've never heard of it, it doesn't appear to be accredited in the UK - I would steer clear if I were you, complete waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    HiI would not recommend tou go there. I have been a victim of intimidation by the Head of Department. I asked for help and nobody did anything. I am taking it to tribunal its that bad. Don't go there. Even if you dont fall victim like me, the best teachers come and then go fast because it is disorganised and they get no help and suffer from internal problems. Also students complain about low quality and lack of support. Student engagment department are great! They are the ones creating events and are proactive... but if you are there to learn and get support for your development the first thing you need is good teaching staff and an organised supportive environment. You wont get that here.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to discuss this further with you because I'm going through the same
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Their MA course is awarded by "International Telematic University UNINETTUNO" - an italian distance learning private company/university.

I would be VERY wary that they're offering anything worth the fees.

ReputationRep:
    I am a student in here... crap place... look feedback on Google Sorry for my English BUT I am sure it’s much better than LCCA college teachers who educate me )) They don’t know elementary English grammar using ‘evidenceS’ word in a plural )) but criticise my English in a feedback)) Continue to this I can say that most of the teachers don’t speak English at all. God knows how everyone should understand them! … Most of them in college thanks to different sort of ‘relationships’ as mistress of someone. What college is actively practicing – males tutors and a staff administration especially make links with students to bring them to the college to work…how to work I only can assume….sorry for my tough language but it’s true… No one from a tutorial staff hasn't a professional tutorial education. They quite often struggle with student’s behaviour in a class because of this… I absolutely agree with most of the reporters here that college is just interested in student (Government) funds and no one in college bothers to support any student except mistresses of tutors and administration staff. You will feel abandoned and alone enrolling in this college. There is more administration staff in any floor of the 6 floors building than students who haven’t enough room for studying and their own individual need as to have a launch, to be relaxed and so on… of course, if you are not a mistress of someone in here ))) No one from students doesn't know where is a campus?!! Wow! students have never been offered somewhere to live!!When I suddenly visited another next building with a lot of young ladies ))) and very spacious, bright rooms full of administration staff I felt upset spending my studying time in a tight, dark classes where students sometimes haven’t their own space and a computer and fight for this! If you need any help or support, forget about this at all! even a necessary information you are not able to receive from anyone in college, because these people busy with everything else… ))) but not a studying process. Everyone from a huge mistress staff tries to kick you out to another person or another department until you are fed up and become angry. You are on your own if you are not a lover of someone in this college.The college actively grabbed Government money from students don’t provide any support and level of education, BUT they also destroy your future writing bad feedback for students destroying a studying system. When a student graduates the studying he/she won’t able to find a job and pay back his/her loan thanks to unfair treatment from college. I absolutely agree with most of the bad references on this page and ask the Government and authority to pay a serious attention to the situation in LCCA college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.