The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mad-cow18
i bin told for higher with v.good coursework you need around 50% to get an A and around 75% for A* but depends on how hard the paper is

In the mock exam i did we needed 58% for an A and 77% for an A*. So i'm guessing those are the approx. grade boundaries yeah.
Reply 21
Do you think it's likely to be as easy as November 2006, or do you think they will make it harder?
tc123
I'm working on that right now and it's unbelievably hard. I hope ours isn't this hard or I may be in a bit of trouble!

I did this as my mock examination. I did better on the calculator (85% on non-calculator, 92% on calculator). But a lot of people found it pretty hard.

I am hoping for 100% (:p:) as Mathematics is my favourite subject, and I got good coursework grades, so I want to make them work well for me by doing well in the exam.

I think I will check vectors soon, and also Histograms (although I know the basics). I have only really done the mock exam (in terms of practice papers), but our teacher did a system of test every week throughout Year 11 (as we had finished the Mathematics course), so I am looking over some of those tests.

Angus Higgins
i got a ums mark of 86 (B) on my coursework....about wat percentage do i need to get for an A???????

anyone kno???
lucky ppl next year --- they are getting no coursework whatsoever!!!
Reply 25
i was wondering with grouped frequency graphs wt value do you plot at eg. the middle value or the largest
eg. cum. freq i think is largest
line graph is middle but i am rlly nt sre
x
Reply 26
I hope the grade boundaries are low so makes up for my coursework! :eek2:

I was half way across the country doing geology for the first peice and broke my leg for the second so i got a pathetic 17 and 18...

and i wasnt allowed to resubmit though other people that got low marks (well ok most of them got 7s and stuff) could

taking the bands as being 85% (might as well take the worst) i need 88% for A* unless standardization bumps me up a lot

and i need an A* for further maths and my results are hovering around the 80s and 90s so all of summer will be hell

and Edexcel made both the geography exams the same day as both the maths ones

i hate you edexcel
Reply 27
Yeah, geography and Maths are two of the subjects I find hardest. On the same day. XD
Reply 28
Geography and maths are the subjects I find the easiest :smile:

Anyway, Good Luck! 2 more hours...
Im glad we did coursework. I mean it gives us time to think what we are doing properly without any pressure and its a few % you don't have to worry about in the exam.
does anyone no where to find past papers for edexcel non calculater paper 5 or 6 arghhhhhhhh help please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 31
Bit late now.

Latest