Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should animal rights activists be denied medical treatment developed using animals? watch

ReputationRep:
    I say they should be denied it. All those people who rant and rave about animal cruelty in labs researching diseases should be denied treatment when they get such a disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    I say they should be denied it. All those people who rant and rave about animal cruelty in labs researching diseases should be denied treatment when they get such a disease.
    and should all those who smoke have to pay for their pwn medical care rather than have it payed for by the state?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think we should let the animals free and carry out tests on the activists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Personally I think we should let the animals free and carry out tests on the activists
    Or carry out the tests on the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    So, would you participate in initial tests of a new drug, even if it might kill you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    But there aren't enough doctors already, whereas animal rights protesters are two-a-penny these days

ReputationRep:
    Its not the protesters fault that private companies or the government refuse to fund alternative means of testing medical treatments. So to deny animal protesters treatment would be completely and utterly illogical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    But there aren't enough doctors already, whereas animal rights protesters are two-a-penny these days
    OK then. Old people are two-a-penny. Lets subject them to potentially dangerous humiliating tests and treatments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    So, would you participate in initial tests of a new drug, even if it might kill you.
    If it was my only chance of survival I would. But I'm not anti animal testing so I wouldn't fall into my own category. I can't see a better alternative at the moment so I don't see a problem with it continuing, under the right circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    They should refuse it! Of course they don't!

Did you know one of the ALF's top nutters is a diabetic and uses recombinant insulin? Talk about hypocritic!

ReputationRep:
    OK then. Old people are two-a-penny. Lets subject them to potentially dangerous humiliating tests and treatments
    The difference is - I like old people. And old people don't resort to violence or sending death threats to anyone who works in a lab where they test on animals.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're confusing doctors (medical) and research scientists (some of who may hold doctorates)

ReputationRep:
    No, but if they were true to their ideals they would refuse it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    and should all those who smoke have to pay for their pwn medical care rather than have it payed for by the state?
    This should definately be so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    They should refuse it! Of course they don't!

Did you know one of the ALF's top nutters is a diabetic and uses recombinant insulin? Talk about hypocritic!
    Even if the current medicines in use aren't tested on animals, the knowledge used to make them was gained from animal testing in years gone by, so we're all (unless we cure ourselves homeopathically that is) in a way using products tested on animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Even if the current medicines in use aren't tested on animals, the knowledge used to make them was gained from animal testing in years gone by, so we're all (unless we cure ourselves homeopathically that is) in a way using products tested on animals.
    Yup! From animals and Nazi war experiments...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yup! From animals and Nazi war experiments...
    Bit depressing though isnt it...

ReputationRep:
    Its not the protesters fault that private companies or the government refuse to fund alternative means of testing medical treatments. So to deny animal protesters treatment would be completely and utterly illogical.

If there that botherd why dont the protesters fund alternative means then?????
    Because I'm certainly not paying for it with my taxes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    No, but if they were true to their ideals they would refuse it themselves.
    was thinking that too, maybe the activist doesn't want the medecins cause they are against animal testing. but if it is a life or death situation they might change their mind because they are scared.

can a doctor refuse to help someone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    The difference is - I like old people. And old people don't resort to violence or sending death threats to anyone who works in a lab where they test on animals.
    The majority of animal rights protesters dont resort to sending death threats. Go away and do some research on the people who actually believe in the cause, then come back without the prejudiced bullsh*t that you've read in the Daily Mail or Sun.

When animal protesters see animals being inflicted with pain and sometimes even death for the development of cosmetic products, I'm sure they dont give a toss about whether you like them or not.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.