Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently had an Admiral black box installed. Have heard they are quite strict! anyone from past experience been with admiral? and how strict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeee_smith97)
    Recently had an Admiral black box installed. Have heard they are quite strict! anyone from past experience been with admiral? and how strict?

My friend was they were really strict. In a 30 zone it has to be 30. Driving round corner and bends can't be harsh. Breaking cant be harsh or last min

You can also check your rating on the website to tell you. But if you are driving rough they also cancel your insurance

ReputationRep:
    I had my black box installed 4 days ago but in my online dashboard it still says "Awaiting installation of your telematics unit and confirmation of your first journey. Check back soon"

Did anyone else had to wait that long? I really want to know what my score is like so far.

Also if my score is consistently low, can they cancel my insurance because of it?

ReputationRep:
    8 golds does anybody no how many more before i need to get before this box goes biack.

Thanks in advance..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by al3ks)
    I had my black box installed 4 days ago but in my online dashboard it still says "Awaiting installation of your telematics unit and confirmation of your first journey. Check back soon"

Did anyone else had to wait that long? I really want to know what my score is like so far.

Also if my score is consistently low, can they cancel my insurance because of it?
    On average you'll have to wait about 10-14 days maybe even longer for a new score, it's most likely that you'll have to wait about a week longer to know your scores.

They are within their rights to cancel the policy, if they feel as if you are an 'unsafe' driver.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.